Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Decoding the Ghost's Nuke

I found an interesting topic on the SC2 forums today, and compiled all the information here, for your nerdy pleasure. l3.png

--

On the ghost's nuclear blast zone indicator there's three sets of numbers, one to each end of the nuclear alert symbol:

007.U2.1701A

AD-73.10.10X

Chi_BRz.54-23

Which you can see in the following image.

DecodingTheNuke.jpg

I did some research and found the following:

Now you Star Trek fans will immediately recognize the first as containing the Enterprise's ship number. Along with it is the band U2 and James Bond's MI6 number.

The second is October 10th, 73 AD. That's the fall of Jerusalem by the Romans; though October tenth is possibly an AVP movie reference.

The third set of numbers is the Chicago Bears. 54 and 23. Thats Brian Urlacher and Devin Hester. 2 of their best players.

Wow.... Some one has too much time on their hands... xD

Tehe. There are so many easter eggs and things like this in StarCraft 2, I find it fun to try and find them. sweat.gif

Everyone who worked on StarCraft 2 definitely put a lot of love into it, I wonder who put in some of this stuff. . . someone is obviously a Bears fan. :P

Haha nice. Unless it was a bitch to code, I would of had it do a group of different random strings, so that way you could put even more personal love into it. But maybe they only had time to put in 3 strings.

...That's cool i guess