Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Woman claims ownership of the Sun

MADRID (AFP) – After billions of years the Sun finally has an owner -- a woman from Spain's soggy region of Galicia said Friday she had registered the star at a local notary public as being her property.

Angeles Duran, 49, told the online edition of daily El Mundo she took the step in September after reading about an American man who had registered himself as the owner of the moon and most planets in our Solar System.

There is an international agreement which states that no country may claim ownership of a planet or star, but it says nothing about individuals, she added.

"There was no snag, I backed my claim legally, I am not stupid, I know the law. I did it but anyone else could have done it, it simply occurred to me first."

The document issued by the notary public declares Duran to be the "owner of the Sun, a star of spectral type G2, located in the centre of the solar system, located at an average distance from Earth of about 149,600,000 kilometres".

Duran, who lives in the town of Salvaterra do Mino, said she now wants to slap a fee on everyone who uses the sun and give half of the proceeds to the Spanish government and 20 percent to the nation's pension fund.

She would dedicate another 10 percent to research, another 10 percent to ending world hunger -- and would keep the remaining 10 percent herself.

"It is time to start doing things the right way, if there is an idea for how to generate income and improve the economy and people's well-being, why not do it?" she asked.

Source: Spanish woman claims ownership of the Sun - Yahoo! News

Found this:

She hasn’t “backed her claim legally”. In fact she obviously hasn’t even bothered to read the 1967 U.N. Outer Space Treaty, which was ratified and is currently in effect, and which clearly covers this subject: “States Parties to the Treaty shall bear international responsibility for national activities in outer space, including the moon and other celestial bodies, whether such activities are carried on by governmental agencies or by non-governmental entities, and for assuring that national activities are carried out in conformity with the provisions set forth in the present Treaty. The activities of non-governmental entities in outer space, including the moon and other celestial bodies, shall require authorization and continuing supervision by the appropriate State Party to the Treaty." Since she as a private citizen is classified as a non-governmental entity, she’ll be needing the UN’s approval for her claim, not justa local notary public. And I wouldn’t hold my breath for that if I were her.

Keep seeing all these comments about suing for skin cancer and blaming her for global warming! haha.gif

LOL that bitch is obviously fucking crazy. For arguments sake lets say she did in fact "own" the sun. WHO THE FUCK is going to pay her? I know i sure as fuck wouldn't. She can suck my dick if she thinks I would. Oh and as for "... I am not stupid..." I respectfully disagree. Ma'am you are, actually the stupidest person on earth. K Thx Bye

Awesome idea, bad execution. :D

People always assume laws that aren't directly from their country don't affect them, lol

actually the stupidest person on earth.

Errr, earth? She owns the sun, lets include that?

:cookie?:

LOL that bitch is obviously fucking crazy. For arguments sake lets say she did in fact "own" the sun. WHO THE FUCK is going to pay her? I know i sure as fuck wouldn't. She can suck my dick if she thinks I would. Oh and as for "... I am not stupid..." I respectfully disagree. Ma'am you are, actually the stupidest person on earth. K Thx Bye

... rofl. this whole thread made my day

I'll wipe my ass with a "sun fee"

I'll wipe my ass with a "sun fee"

The only way anyone can "own" anything, is if the majority of people agree to acknowledge that ownership. Nobody is going to acknowledge her claim to ownership, let alone a "toll" fee for its usage.

Spain is so getting nuked....

Bitches be crazy.

Haters gotta hate I guess.

Hey guess what guys, there's this tree outside my house. No one else is sitting in it so I'm gonna go claim it and sit in it myself. Anyone who wants to climb the tree has to pay a fee!

oh yea? i own earth

why?.... cuzz i want to :P

oh and i own u guys and facebook and the Channel CNN and bbc and national geographic and the NASA corporation (R.I.P)

and obamas familly and all the oil fields in the middle east... ad mother russia and also skype and apple (includes theyre ipods and iphones) and bill gates is mine from now on

also i own the biggest jelly fish in the world (ill search in japan) oh! and japan is mine... london aswell and netherlands (includes the red window thingy XD)

i own my brother (after all hes MY brother) ip own jerusalem newyork madrid amsterdam (apart of netherlands) tel aviv tehran cairo and quadela hara!!

tomrrow ill sign up of owning the whole seashells in the world, the sientology cult (includes tom cruze) i own rebbeca black and justin bieber as my pets

i own the whole ***** in the world (excuse me for cursing) and the whole curses in the whole world (now i wont have 2 apologize) i own the fact that the last sentance didnt make any sense and i own the word sense!

i own paris hilton's cellphone and i own cartman from southpark (to takle revenge him) i own all the sites in the world and i own cesar millan!!!!

and whyy>>>??? because i am ******* want 2!!!!!!

omg women can be so stupid sometimes...

oh yea? i own earth

why?.... cuzz i want to :P

oh and i own u guys and facebook and the Channel CNN and bbc and national geographic and the NASA corporation (R.I.P)

and obamas familly and all the oil fields in the middle east... ad mother russia and also skype and apple (includes theyre ipods and iphones) and bill gates is mine from now on

also i own the biggest jelly fish in the world (ill search in japan) oh! and japan is mine... london aswell and netherlands (includes the red window thingy XD)

i own my brother (after all hes MY brother) ip own jerusalem newyork madrid amsterdam (apart of netherlands) tel aviv tehran cairo and quadela hara!!

tomrrow ill sign up of owning the whole seashells in the world, the sientology cult (includes tom cruze) i own rebbeca black and justin bieber as my pets

i own the whole ***** in the world (excuse me for cursing) and the whole curses in the whole world (now i wont have 2 apologize) i own the fact that the last sentance didnt make any sense and i own the word sense!

i own paris hilton's cellphone and i own cartman from southpark (to takle revenge him) i own all the sites in the world and i own cesar millan!!!!

and whyy>>>??? because i am ******* want 2!!!!!!

omg women can be so stupid sometimes...

bitch better get back to the kitchen and me a sandwich

Sure, i´ll bite, i just sunbathed.

Sending a cheque for 12$, a dollar a minute to,

The Sun,

The Milkyway,

The Galaxy,

The Universe.

5UCK B4LL5