Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

StarCraft 2 Patch 1.2.0 in PTR

You may be familiar with the idea of public tests or a "PTR" from playing other Blizzard Entertainment games. If not, you can think of them as open beta tests where players can preview upcoming patches before they go live. Patch 1.2 marks the first time that we've performed a public test for a StarCraft II patch, but we're planning to conduct public tests for most if not all future game patches. These PTRs help us a great deal -- when you participate and submit reports, we can squash more bugs and ensure that when the patch is released it's of the highest quality possible.

Read more on the PTR FAQ at the following link.

Public Test Region F.A.Q. - Forums - StarCraft II

Knowing this, here are the patch notes for this new soon-to-be-live update:

StarCraft II Patch 1.2.0 PTR Notes - Forums - StarCraft II

I would post them here, but the length of the quote is pretty ridiculous. :P

And a nice overview of all the crazy shit going on, courtesy of TL:

Patch 1.2.0 on PTR

To test this patch out run the file Starcraft II Public Test.exe in your Starcraft II folder to launch the patcher. It is approx 100mb.

What is your opinion on all of this? I am psyched, and can't wait for this to go live.

Well this certainly is interesting... I like what i see in this patch so far ^_^

They need to bring back ultras.

They need to bring back ultras.

wut mellow.gif

ultralisks are in the game

I think they should put the uberlisk back in the game xD

We would like to thank everyone for their participation thus far in the first StarCraft 2 public test. We’re in the process of temporarily taking down the PTR in order to apply changes based on your feedback and testing.

Some of the changes we’re working on implementing:

# Bunker build time reduction removed as previously noted

# Fungal Growth’s terrestrial limitation has been removed and the ability once again affects air units

# It will once again be possible to hold down a key to repeat a hotkey command

This down time is expected to start tomorrow at noon, 12:01 p.m. PST and last for approximately 2-3 days. Keep an eye on this forum for updates on when you can rejoin the Public Test Region and begin testing the newest changes.

Thanks for your help!

Recent post from Blizz. I agree with everything here. Bunker build time reduction was questionable, all it does is increase bunker rushes. Fungal growth's removal from air was completely unescessary, and it broke ZvZ (so I've heard). The last one is obvious; I don't see any reason to make the game harder than it is for little to no purpose.

Nice. I like all of those as well. And I mean bring back the Ultra to what it once was. It's a shell of its former self.