Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

[Game Review] Super Meat Boy

Super Meat boy is a new game out on Steam. You do not need to play it for too long to tell the most important aspects of the game:

IT IS F----- AMAZING

That to be said, it's a side-scrolling game where you have various unlockable characters, but originally you are a meatball trying to get your girlfriend back.

The gameplay itself is similar to Gish and N, you can slide on walls and jump like a ninja, jump across the entire field hoping not to hit a rotating saw. Fast-paced, and just simply beyond amazingly enjoyable, though sometimes mildly frustrating. It is certainly a challenge.

The music in the background fits the environment perfectly, and adds to the gameplay even more. This game is just unspeakably awesome.

There are various secrets and unlockables and achievements and whatnot - but for one thing, the game is AWESOME.

Get it. Now. This is a rather short "review" so to speak because I want to get back to playing it as soon as possible. Cheers!

I played this a few years back when it was a flash game, and I loved it. Pretty exciting that now its a full fledged PC game. I'll check it out. :D

Holy shit this game is so epic it's 5 AM and I've been playing it for 5 hours non-stop bwahahaahh I recommend it to only those who love to suffer because this game is f---ing hard, just a heads up xD I'll go sleep now, but I got to chapter 5. :P

The epidome of addiction. Reminds me of MineCraft.

I never understood the deal with MineCraft. I see people play it all the time everywhere always, and there just doesn't even seem to be a point, like a goal or anything. But I know that some people build perfect replicas of starships or programmable computers out of bricks in that thing, so I guess it must be good for something.. xD

I'm stuck on 6-5 Lightworld in Super Meat Boy (last level before the final light-world-boss). This game is frickin' hard.. :( xD

I never understood the deal with MineCraft. I see people play it all the time everywhere always, and there just doesn't even seem to be a point, like a goal or anything. But I know that some people build perfect replicas of starships or programmable computers out of bricks in that thing, so I guess it must be good for something.. xD

I'm stuck on 6-5 Lightworld in Super Meat Boy (last level before the final light-world-boss). This game is frickin' hard.. :( xD

It's kind of hard to understand unless you've played it yourself. There isn't any particular official goal (Besides survive, in SSP and SMP), but that's the fun of it. You make your own goals and the fun of playing it is in getting to the completion, not so much the completion itself. A game doesn't have to have a point, it just has to be fun and addicting. :)

---

Played some of the original meat boy (the Flash version) for funsies. Looks pretty similiar to the one on Steam, although it's graphics aren't nearly as pretty, doesn't have 300+ levels and it doesn't control nearly as well. (Plus, moar SKINS!) Super Meat Boy is obviously a superior game, but I don't think I would pay 15 bucks for it. The 4ish bucks you can buy it for while its on sale would probably be well worth it, though! :D

Come to think of it, Meat Boy doesn't even save your blood and doesn't have a replay feature, which are nice little features. Still, I stand with my original review(if I can call it that).

Play Meat Boy on KongreGate!

Oh, and here's a cracked free version:

http://www.multiupload.com/76ZBX2ZGB7

Run it with administrator privileges on install and when you click on the playing shortcut. Enjoy! (It's safe; it's to big to scan with VirusTotal but I scanned it with Avast! and Malwarebytes' and nothing showed up, so it should be good.)

I've heard of this game O_o hmm since you suggested it I'll try it