Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

(RuneScape) BRING THE WILDERNESS BACK!

Yes, you saw correctly. Jagex is apparently doing a vote to bring the wilderness and free trade back! Ever since the removal of free trade and the wilderness, the game has become...well...garbage. If enough people vote, we can once again, slaughter each other like a bunch of noobs or ask people for money once again!

RuneScape - MMORPG - Bring Back The Wilderness & Free Trade

Holy snap, they actually REMOVED the Wilderness and made an external PVP server? Then what about the Runite ore in Level 27 Wilderness, was it freely accessable with no fear of being raped by random players hunting for your money??? That kinda messes up the point of RuneScape's original PVP system and the accounts made for 5 def 5 atk 99 STR specifically for fighting players..

Well that sounds stupid. I don't really understand the part of Free Trade though. What does this exactly mean? What is it like now, what was it like before, and what would it be like?

Yeah, I played for the first time in many years, and man has it changed. It's pretty stupid, why would they even think of doing something like that? Bots? That's pretty weak, there will always be bots.

I think the reason they took out the wilderness was on the simple fact that high lvl peeps were pking people that had quest or had to get in there one way or another. I stopped playing that game after my account was "hacked". If they bring this back though isnt that almost like depressing in the game? Even though it was better >.>?

They removed the wilderness and put a limit on how much you can "give away" in trade to attempt to stop bots. It was a sad attempt and costed them to lose many many players.

I used to play for a while and I welcome this! I left before the restrictions were brought in but visiting the wilderness to complete quests brought an element of challenge to the game.

Merchanting is an important part of any MMO and removing it was a bit of a fail really.

While I may have moved on to bigger things like WoW, Runescape was still impressive and it's good that a company is willing to realise it's mistakes.