Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Vote for the GC Minecraft Server

Ghoztcraft's Minecraft Server  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for which server you would like to play on.

• Minecraft Classic
    • Minecraft Beta

Okay guys, it's finally come down to this. We have to choose which server we'll settle on for now until Marine Power's server is updated. Vote in the poll above please.

Minecraft Classic

Pros: It's lag free! You have unlimited resources available to you to build whatever you want. Administrators can create multiple worlds allowing users to build in many different places, and in different sized maps. Oh, and did I mention it's free to play?

Cons: There's no survival mode, and no "crafting" of items.

Minecraft Beta

Pros: It's the ultimate in what Survival Mode has to offer! You can craft items, and kill enemies, all while keeping your home safe.

Cons: The server lags like hell froze over. Without manually saving, the server will not saving any progress. You must purchase the game in order to participate in the beta.

The whole fun thing about Minecraft to me is the crafting part, not really the building part. And have basically unlimited stuff to build with given to you would just make it boring. + I already had an awesome base/mining operation that I have been working on in the server for days now. -_-'

Edit: As for having to "own" the game in order to play Beta SMP you (Viper) could always set the Online Mode to = False inside the Server config file. But this could allow anyone to join. Just thought I would mention that just incase you weren't aware of it.

online-mode

Server checks connecting players against minecraft's account database. Only set this to false if your server is not connected to the Internet. Hackers with fake accounts can connect if this is set to false!

Valid values:

• true - Enabled. The server will assume it has an Internet connection and check every player.
  • false - Disabled. The server will not attempt to check connecting players

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Server.properties#online-mode

Wait so if you set online mode to false, than we can join without having the beta purchased?

You could join as anyone, including administrators.

I personally dont play minecraft... I mean a free sever is a free sever. But i personally dont care either way. If this attracts people it might be pretty successful.... if its like the sever we had for Starcraft.... I say screw it.

People are actually playing on it though. That's the difference. :o

So were using the beta server? will I need to buy minecraft beta?

There are more votes for classic.

I don't understand this minecraft thing, guess I need to just go play it.. haha. :unsure:

I don't understand this minecraft thing, guess I need to just go play it.. haha. :unsure:

I didn't understand it either, so I finally looked it up, watched some tutorials on youtube, then bought it and tried it out myself.

It's basically legos on crack.

The starcraft server started out pretty good too. It's my bad for not maintaining it.

I just voted for beta because it seems much more enjoyable

• Like 1

WITH PICKAXES AND EXPLODING GREEN PENISES!

WITH PICKAXES AND EXPLODING GREEN PENISES!

:miner:

"Ssss"

:search:

"SSSSSSSSSS!"

:shock:

"BOOM!"

:XXcombustion:

wowowow

u know how succesfull c0ould a minecraft server be??

we have lots of members. each member can get a friend or something :P

it could be really successfull! seriously! XD

and... i voted classic. but ill be glad if u will make a beta server that is able for also cracked players =]