Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Updates to Ghoztcraft

Hey peeps, I spent some time working on the site last night!

I saw some people posting about errors and we've been having other issues around here, so it was needed.

Here's a small list of what's changed:

• You can now login to Ghoztcraft with your Facebook or Twitter account.
    • This means you can synchronize your status updates, etc..

[*]The downloads section now has a dedicated portal page.[*]New design to viewing a file in the downloads.[*]New "Like" button at the bottom of the files in the downloads. This helps keep track of updates to files.[*]Small upgrades to the Gallery.[*]We've changed our friendly URL structure.

• I realize this may result in some missing pages for any bookmarks you guys may have, sorry.

[*]Google Ads are now displayed for guests only.[*]Minor backend changes / updates.

Welcome to 2011 at Ghoztcraft everyone! Let's hope for another fun year and great memories here! We've now been around for about 6 years since we first started back in 2005. I hope everyone get's their facebook and twitter accounts setup here, it will really help get some more people here! It's very easy to register for the site with Facebook connect, you can just login with your account book account and associate your current Ghoztcraft account with your facebook account. If you're new, then you can create a new account right after you login to Facebook!

We need at least 10 fan's before we can submit the facebook app to the directory, so hurty up! :smile3:

Thanks everyone!

PS: You may need to clear your cache.

• Like 1

Fixed the login page, sorry guys..

Thanks XGhozt and I like the new design for viewing the downloads.

Loving the facebook-login button. By far the greatest thing I've ever seen on this site.:heart:

Loving the facebook-login button. By far the greatest thing I've ever seen on this site.:heart:

Even though, you know, it took forever for him to actually make it coolface.png

I'm loving the new download design. Great job, XGhozt!

• Like 1

Finally decided to link with Facebook eh? :P

I really like the downloads area. Out of all the sites I have ever been to to dl something that was mixed in with many other things; this is the sleekest intuitive design I've seen.

• Like 1

About damn time... The site has been down how many days :P. Awesome update though

It wasn't down, I think you got IP banned or something.. lol

• Like 1

How the hell did i get Ip banned?

Every server GC has ever been hosted on likes to play tricks on people. You were probably it's latest victim. That or it's just Ghozt. He can play some tricks too.

tease.gif Yup.

Speaking of which, we need a Minecraft Forum section now.

• Like 1

Speaking of which, we need a Minecraft Forum section now.

:run:

TO DO THIS WEEKEND: Make a minecraft forum(I'm gonna need some help with the subforums and such, I don't play.

Make that sig for that guy that I was supposed to make that time.

Attempt a logo?

If you are unhappy with it, you have obvious permission to delete it, but I already created the Minecraft section now located at http://www.Ghoztcraf.../280-minecraft/

However it appears that subforums cannot be created until there are topics in there first. So I request that the 2 active topics we have going right now about Minecraft be moved there.

As for sub forum we need one for our Server(s) (whether that mean we have 2. One for the GC Classic Server and one for the GC Beta server or we just combined them into one sub forum thats up to you)

We need one for Minecraft Modding. Again we may need 2 seperate sub forums for this. One for Indev/working modding to be talked about and one for Modding ideas.

Another could be for Minecraft "Hacks" if it's decided that Minecraft hacks are supported here at GC. This doesn't necessarily mean our own server supports hacks, however it will make it more difficult to fight hacks if they are able to be dl'ed from the same site as the server.

Minecraft is still Beta which means updates will happen fairly frequently, so we may need a sub forum to place older versions of. I don't know how to handle this since there will be many updates.

You guys should be able to create sub forums regardless of posts in the sections.

Out of interest why is Ghoztcraft so focused on subforums? I know it makes the place more organised but it also makes the place feel a little empty :P

Well as you said, it makes things more organized. This is especially important if you're looking for a tutorial on signatures. You don't wanna look through tons of signatures/SOTW results and whatnot to try and find signatures. It just makes everything easier to find.

And it helps with the google searches too.

You guys should be able to create sub forums regardless of posts in the sections.

I was unable to figure out how to do so, and I read something saying about how you needed a topic in there first.

Either way can someone please move the 2 Minecraft topics we have to the Minecraft section. I don't have the mod power to do that or I would. (kinda funny, I can create/delete forums, but I can't move topics lol)

Either way can someone please move the 2 Minecraft topics we have to the Minecraft section. I don't have the mod power to do that or I would. (kinda funny, I can create/delete forums, but I can't move topics lol)

Done. XD