Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Kinect

Just got it tonight, and it's ****ing amazing.

I've played it, and even while it's new and not near up to its potential - it is quite amazing. :)

i just found this article about it. apperntly someone hooked it up to a PC and made drivers for it to run on the Pc or some shit like that... microsoft isnt happy lol

When the Kinect first came out, a company offered a $5,000 reward for someone to develop those same drivers to allow people to connect it to their computers and create APIs for third party developers to easily use the Kinect's camera in their software.

Yeah Kinect is ok. The issue is the games that were released at launch are not really that great. Even if you are a fan of motion controlled games.

Kinect is the better of all the motion controls in my opinion. I mean wii is still fun when your in the mood for those types of casual games. But the PS3 damn, you basically get a light up dildo.

• Like 1

Does microsoft have a motion control system for the Xbox?

I had far more fun with the Kinect than I've ever had with any other game and console. My whole body just hurts from the way too long gaming session we had last night. It blows any other motion sensing game system out of the water. The Wii can no longer hold a candle to th Xbox in terms of motion sensing, the Kinect's sensitivity is definitely better.

I've yet to try out the PS3's Motion system, but it's basically just like the Wii which is no longer as fun because you're still holding onto stuff. If you haven't had a chance to try it out, I highly recommend it playing around with it at a store or wherever they have the Kinect available for a demo.

P.S. I highly recommend playing Kinect Sports, it's so much better than the Wii version of sports.

Have you played the groping game yet? lol

P.S. I highly recommend playing Kinect Sports, it's so much better than the Wii version of sports.

This is what happens when Rare makes games. They pwn.

Yeah I haven't had a chance to use Kinect yet but it's something I want to try. I've yet to decide how influential I think it'll be, but if Microsoft legitimately support it for the PC it would be successful.

I think they will support it's use for other systems in the future. I can't imagine them being stupid enough to not want to let people do so. I can say that I had a lot of fun with the Wii, but the Kinect is seriously so much more intuitive.

I think they will support it's use for other systems in the future. I can't imagine them being stupid enough to not want to let people do so. I can say that I had a lot of fun with the Wii, but the Kinect is seriously so much more intuitive.

It also has the advantage of being good technology. You can improve implementation but not technology, just look at the Wii. They cheaped out on HD as well as the motion sensing, that lead them down a bad path to start with.

Indeed, and people have improved on the Kinect's motion sensing, allowing it to track all ten fingers. Can't wait for the day where we can manipulate things in 3-D right in front of us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQREhd9iT38

Check it.

What I find funny is that.. kinda looks like he's using Windows98 :D unless thats XP with classic theme.

Still though, using the Kinect for projects like this makes life for animators soo much simpler.

Z's Post is the only reason I would even buy Xbox360+Kinect.

Also for groping action.... I am sorry.. Father... Mother... I am indeed a pervert.

Don't judge me. :(