Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Quick questions.

1) The internet plan I bought from Fios is supposedly supposed to download at like 70 mb/s.

So my questions: How many things would slow down my internet speed? Would having the laptop and itouch connected to the wifi slow down internet speed for desktop, laptop and itouch? Is wifi going to be significantly slower than the PC?

Here is my speedtest: 1186254234.png

Now the thing that bothers me is that I when I use videohelper to download youtube videos from Firefox, they download at like 200-300 kb/s. And my youtube videos always buffer incredibly slow.(All this is referring to my laptop.)

Is the difference in download speed from my laptop and PC that big of a deal?

LAST QUESTION: What is a wireless USB adapter? Is it for improving my internet connection on the laptop or is it like a "on the go" wifi.

It says 70 megabits = 8.75 megabytes.. so it's not working correctly after all, as his speedtest shows hes only at 2.97. o.o

I don't know about the YouTube downloader, it's possible that there is a download speed cap that you can unlock if you pay for it (?). That's usually how things like that work.

If you go to this link and click the 50mbps, that's what I have right now.

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/Fiosinternet/#plans

How do you know they're referring to megabits vs megabytes?

And even though it's megabits, the download on firefox has been going on for like two hours. At 200 kb/s which is only 1.6 mb/s, not even close to 50.

Mb = Megabits

MB = Megabytes

kb = Kilobits

Kb = Kilobytes