Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Efforts to prevent spam

Hello everyone,

I've been seeing an increase in spam recently. I think it started shortly after we upgraded our forum software. Apparently the downside to having a site that's easier to use, is that it's also easier for bot's to register and post spam. With that said, I've added some extra security measures to help prevent this. Newly registered members can no longer post links, use signatures, or send personal messages.

If this isn't enough, of course we can always get more creative.

Have a nice day everyone.:pirate:

XGhozt

Tisk Tisk Ghost thats not how you fix it...

There's already captcha and questionair's. :unsure:

And I haven't seen any spam yet, so suck on that.

Just wait they will come ;)

I'll BAN ALL OF CHINA if I have toO! :rtfm:

I'll BAN ALL OF CHINA if I have toO! :rtfm:

I second this.

Looks like it posted, but at least there's no links anywhere, lol

hmm..

The spam service offered by IP is rather good. But then XGhozt would need to keep up on his IP.Board liceence fees.

Either way something needs to be done because this is just... sad... to be honest. It makes it impossible for me to be lazy T_T

:spam: Yummy stuff!

Zar needs to get on msn.

if Zar doesn't have time for msn he needs to make time ;)

I thought it would be a good Idea to bump this because of the recent Spammer :).

Seriously. It's just annoying. We are mainly a small community and we're easily annoyed by spammers

Seriously. It's just annoying. We are mainly a small community and we're easily annoyed by spammers

Its not just this... Its the fact that you need "5" post to get our "cool hacks"... We really dont compete any more with forums for new or recent hacks. I dunno if you should remove it but maybe change it so they have to be a member here for a month or certain amount of post unlock more hacks. So people take time and effort in there post.

(Yes I know im one to talk. Good old trolling days with magic bitch and xthar...)

I wonder how many people realize their hypocrites. I know I'm one from time to time but I swear to god polysci majors don't.

The spam service offered by IP is rather good. But then XGhozt would need to keep up on his IP.Board liceence fees.

Actually it is enabled, and we do have a valid license.

Its not just this... Its the fact that you need "5" post to get our "cool hacks"... We really dont compete any more with forums for new or recent hacks. I dunno if you should remove it but maybe change it so they have to be a member here for a month or certain amount of post unlock more hacks. So people take time and effort in there post.

(Yes I know im one to talk. Good old trolling days with magic bitch and xthar...)

That 5 post thing for the downloads has not been active for a while now. Anyone can download anything without even registering. The 5 posts only gets you some extra forum access and permissions to use your pm and a few other things.

Ahh I didnt know this was changed!

@viper hey man at least i admitted to it.

At least you can spot them a mile off.

I mean a name like 'AdzMan247' is gonna tip off some people, i hope.

I vote for more creativity for the names of the spammers of today!

• Like 1