Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Update 1.5 incoming!

[EDIT]

This has been released!

* Weather (rain, snow, thunder)

* Statistics

* Achievements

* Detector rail

* Booster rail

* Performance improvements

More statistics and achievements will be added over time as we develop the game. They’re only stored locally at the moment, but we’ll slowly be rolling out online storing of achievements over time.

You can check out more on the official version history on the MineCraft wiki here.

-----

I thought this update had enough noteworthy stuff to share with everyone. Update 1.5 will include snow on Taiga biomes and rain on various biomes; rain will bring thunderstorms and occasionally lightning bolts which sets things on fire. Along with weather, they are also implementing statistics (blocks broken, distance ran, etc) and achievements (get some wood, make a workbench, etc). Here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy882ILYJMM&feature=channel_video_title

What are your thoughts on achievements specifically? I hope they have nothing like break 1000 blocks of wood or something along those lines, I don't want this to become an achievement grinding game. :3

So a thunderstorm could come, lightning will set off a fire, and it will happen to be my huge ass all wood treehouse? please invent a lightning rod for the next patch -.-

Woot I cant wait for weather.. (My friends and I were talking about that the other night....)

Perhaps you should add a layer of stone to the outside of your house to protect it?

If they made a lightning rod they would surely have to implement copper as a resource.

I think a lightning rod would be another good use for resources for sure. I think eventually more uses for certain less used resources should be implemented. Also is the GC Server up? or is there any laggy servers you guys want to suggest I'd like to play online more often

epic.mineladder.com is a server I go to often, has a bunch of my steam friends on it. :3

It's a public build w/ no mobs besides in the dungeons they make; simple rules, no lag.

Yeah I noticed the lack of lag. and it seems more untouched than other servers, as in no super huge random designs everywhere.

Yup, it's only been public for about a week now and mainly the admins from the Gmod server by EGI play on it.

that's cool. in some what unrelated news I found a pack of 9 wolves basically in my backyard too. when before I went a lot of time finding one.

This was released! (Edited the OP) The weather effects are phenomenal, I really love them. That's really the main change for me, stats and achievements are cool but don't add that much content-wise at the moment.

Half the achievements are unnecessary lets be honest.

Yeah, they are meant to be a sort of guideline for newer players, not really 'achievements' per-say; although Notch is definitely going to release more achievements in the near future.

Like "Press the space bar to jump achievement"

"OMFG YOU BROKE A BLOCK" achievement