Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

2 video cards but no crossfire Option?

Hey there, i just recently got a 6850 radeon Sapphire ati graphics card, I have been using a sapphire radeon 4850.... So i decided to crossfire them, its connected and my computer is reading the 2 cards but in my CCC I Can not find the crossfire option....

Specs you might need to know:

Windows 7 64 Bit

New card info: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102908

I thought the two cards had to be the same before you could use crossfire or SLI, maybe thats your problem?

I don't think it is possible to crossfire cards of different series. Only in the same series such as 6xxx with 6xxx 5xxx with 5xxx.... etc.

What i read and told it was only possible with lower end cards. Even if i some how got it to work my newer card would be so "dubbed" down to a point where i wouldnt get full use out of it. So i am just using the one.

Side note: Pisses me off that geforce cards are rated better performance then any of the ati cards. (mines like top 15 cards!! but sitll)

After i melted the fan on my 32 mb graphics card back in the day.... i avoid nvidia like the fucking plague.

Nvidia is like Intel. Hi Temp, Hi Cost, Hi Perform.

Nvidia is like Intel. Hi Temp, Hi Cost, Hi Perform.

Personally I see graphics cards like this:

ATI - Good quality card shitty drivers

NVIDIA - Good drivers shitty card.

If only we could merge them. :rolleyes:

(Again this is just my opinion.)

Personally I see graphics cards like this:

ATI - Good quality card shitty drivers

NVIDIA - Good drivers shitty card.

If only we could merge them. :rolleyes:

(Again this is just my opinion.)

You have opinions on the internet??

The only reason I go with ATI over NVIDIA, is because I never had any problems with the product. Also since i am a wow freak it never conflicts there unlike NVIDIA has....