Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

JamLegend is closing.

I noticed it a few days ago, but this is totally lame!

Anyone else use this site?

After nearly three years of running JamLegend, we are shutting down the service to move on to new ventures. We will look back fondly on our experiences at JamLegend. JamLegend was the most vibrant music gaming community in the world, where the greatest players and trackers/producers helped evolve online music consumption. We’ll always be proud of bringing so much joy to so many.

http://blog.jamlegend.com/

Never heard of this website until now. :o

It was awesome because I could use my Guitar Hero controller to play virtually unlimited songs on that site, now it's gone and I haven't had much luck finding an alternative site.

hmmm I've never heard of this site, although I'm not surprised its shutting down considering that the Music/rhythm game genre pretty much crashed and burned earlier this year.

I do understand how bad it sucks when a site you love to go to closes down though. Always a bummer.

Yeah it's amazing how fast the music game industry kinda killed itself. But sorry you lost a favorite site. I'm sure there is another one like it some where in the world.

Wait, I think I missed out on something. How did it kill itself?

Yeah both Rock Band and Guitar Hero are basically no more. Basically out of business.

It killed itself by flooding the market with expensive plastic instruments and a new title every year until people stopped buying them.

Well I felt a new guitar hero and rock band would come out every year and it became some what overwhelming how many games as well as DLC would come out. And now you don't see any new games coming out from the music genre. And kill might of been to strong of a word to use since there is still a fanbase.

Well I felt a new guitar hero and rock band would come out every year and it became some what overwhelming how many games as well as DLC would come out. And now you don't see any new games coming out from the music genre. And kill might of been to strong of a word to use since there is still a fanbase.

No kill was pretty much correct since Activision said they were pulling the plug on the franchise, and Harmonix is basically out of business. Or better put the whole company was sold by Viacom for 50$ plus all of their debt.

I knew about Guitar Hero goin under, but all the articles I read said that Rock Band was dominating and the cause of Guitar Hero's ending. But I've not heard anything against Rock Band?

I knew about Guitar Hero goin under, but all the articles I read said that Rock Band was dominating and the cause of Guitar Hero's ending. But I've not heard anything against Rock Band?

Both franchises are down for the count. Like I said before, Harmonix is still technically a company, but they were sold by Viacom for 50$ and tens of millions in debt. So they aren't going to be making a new Rock Band title any time in the near future, that's for sure. Both franchises have seen their sales dip drastically over the past 2 years.

Well, I found analternative site: http://www.irok2.com/

I can't wait until this happens with steam . . .

Why?

Why?

I second this, Steam is a great gaming application. :unsure:

I'm not even sure what he implied by saying that. Or am I just missing the context of his post entirely?

It was a sarcastic remark to imply that there are millions of people that have invested lots of money into steam and one day the people at steam will say the same thing that jamlegend said and everyone will lose their money and games.