Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Portal 2 Released

portal2-010-620x335.jpg

The original Portal had the element of surprise. Its style of first-person physics-based puzzle gameplay was unique. GLaDOS, the murderous robotic villain, was new and vibrant and evil in the most charming way. Cake jokes and songs about surviving dismemberment were still hilarious. It was short, succinct and essential. Creating a sequel without playing all the same notes and making it feel like Portal: The Longer Version is a tough task. For Valve, it's apparently no problem.

Read more of the IGN review here.

My review

Portal 2 has recieved critical acclaim for numerous review sites and I can tell you from experience, this is an excellent game. It expands on the story and adds tons of new content and characters. The characters are witty and humerous, and the voice actors are superb. I beat the singleplayer in 7ish hours, and the coop mode in 5ish hours with a good friend on Skype. While not amazing in re-playability, every ounce of gameplay was obviously created with love. If you own a PS3 definitely buy it for that, as it comes with a copy of the PC version. Knowing Valve, the price will probably decrease in a couple months, so it's up to you to decide if it's worth $50 now (or $60 for PS3) when the price is subject to change.

I'd give it a 9.1 on a scale of 10. Play it. My steam name is [EGI] AquarianPython. Let's coop! :D

I've been totally excited for this game to come out! I will be playing co-op with my friends shortly.

Very entertaining game, though I wish the replay value was greater. It was awesome while it lasted.

Mortal Kombat came out too and it's really epic >_>

I've cared since I was 3 :(

IMHO Portal > Mortal Combat (sorry.) Anyway Portal 2 was A-Fucking-Mazing :blush2:

• Like 1

But they are complete different game ha

But Portal 2 > Mortal Kombat

Just like SC2 > WoW

Portal 2 looks great, but a 4 hour campaign? That's pretty short for a full priced game.

BTW Mortal Kombat is great. I have been waiting for years for them to give this series the reboot it deserves.

If you took your time it would've lasted longer. :P

Personally I think the reward for beating a level in portal isn't the satisfaction of doing so. But Glados and her famous 1 liners

Come on guys, how could Mortal Kombat compare to this?? xD

....by being able to do these, and much more to your opponents.

http://youtu.be/SMCtwA-Me08

Either way I do like portal the humor is what makes that game so satisfying to me. But since I'm an MK fan who's been waiting for this much needed and anticipated reboot I'm sticking with my gore filled game that brings back childhood memories. Also there is babality, which for some characters is very funny

Jordan do you have a xbox live gamertag? we can fight each other :P