Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Patch 1.3.3 Released

Balance

-PROTOSS

--Archon

---Now a Massive unit.

---Range increased from 2 to 3.

This buff wasn't completely necessary, but I agree with it nonetheless because archons were pretty useless due to marauders in PvT. I can see Immortal/Archon becoming more popular, but not imbalanced in PvZ.

-Cybernetics Core

--Research Warp Gate research time increased from 140 to 160.

Not nescessary, many have realized a lot of the weaknesses of 4Gate in PvP, but I'm happy nonetheless that this matchup will become a bit less rockpaperscissors.

-Gateway

--Sentry train time decreased from 42 to 37.

--Warp Gate unit train times remain unchanged.

--Pylon power radius has been decreased from 7.5 to 6.5.

This was to balance out the warpgate nerf, so protoss can still get out a defence in other matchups. I agree with just putting it on the sentry, because then 2gate pressure won't become as much as an issue. The Pylon change is still a bit weird, I guess it's to stop people from warping up cliffs as easily? Dunno.

-TERRAN

--Bunker

---Salvage resource return reduced from 100% to 75%.

Good riddance. Free defense never had a place in a competitive strategy game.

--Ghost

---Cost changed from 150/150 to 200/100.

Kind of a buff, considering Terrans get minerals a lot faster than every other race (MULEs).

--Thor

---Thor now has 200 max energy, and starts with 50 energy.

---250mm Strike Cannons now cost 150 energy to use (cooldown removed).

So happy about this one. Templars are once again viable and Thor timing pushes will become a lot less powerful in TvP.

-ZERG

--Infestor

---Speed decreased from 2.5 to 2.25.

You may think this is a nerf, but in reality it's a buff. This will stop Infestor's from running out in front of the army and getting killed, much like High Templar in a Protoss army - sitting in the back and casting spells as it should be.

--Spore Crawler

---Root time decreased from 12 to 6.

I think they misspelled Spine Crawler (lol). I doubt this will have that much of an effect, although it's good I guess considering Zerg's lack of early game AA is a bit of an issue.

Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue where Ghosts could not quickly EMP the same location.

Fixed an issue that allowed players to stack air units when issuing a queued stop command before the units reached the end of their patrol point.

Fixed an issue where unplugging your USB headset while another player was talking to you could cause a crash.

Fixed an issue where the APM statistic could be artificially increased.

Fixed an issue where 3D unit portraits were not animating smoothly at slow game speeds.

Fixed an issue where, when viewing a replay, no text message was displayed when a player left a game.

The Taiwanese hotkey to display/hide the game UI while in Observer mode now works correctly.

--------------------

Source

What are your thoughts? If you disagree/agree with any of my analysis of this patch, feel free to post!

I agree with this all except the pylon nerf. Like why? is pylon over powered now? It can't fly or sink into the ground. eh whatever

Wasn't this posted like a couple weeks ago?

that was the Patch 1.3.3 on the PTR, this is the released version which has been revised after testing on the PTR and sent out to the SC2 servers.

that was the Patch 1.3.3 on the PTR, this is the released version which has been revised after testing on the PTR and sent out to the SC2 servers.

Ah I see. Thanks.

You know, that USB-unplugging glitch is certainly something rather uncommon, figuring it out must have been a b-tch. :P

I haven't played SC2 in a while, are the Zerg still ridiculously weak in comparison?

You know, that USB-unplugging glitch is certainly something rather uncommon, figuring it out must have been a b-tch. :P

I haven't played SC2 in a while, are the Zerg still ridiculously weak in comparison?

They aren't so much weak as they are hard to use. They require much higher APM and game sense to use efficiently.