Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Input on House Points and class design

Hello everyone!

Since we have the main area of Hogwarts almost finished, It's come to the point where we should start implementing classes and house points. We would be happy to hear your ideas on how to run classes, and learn your thoughts on how to award house points.

Ivrae <3

Perhaps, we should have like contests of some kind, and award points for those.

But ultimately, this is going to be hard to measure

I agree. it will be hard, but I'm sure there are possible activities/events that we can hold to produce some sort of winner.

Edited by Major Zhuinden

Agree, but will the contest have reward items? like dark lance?

Edited by Major Zhuinden

bahaha@william.

I'm sure points will do.

although in the movie on occasion, students would receive packages and

neat stuff from relatives or friends so it's possible somehow people

will receive some sort of item.

All in all, I'm sure that winning the contest/activity (whatever it may be) will reward that house

with points with which will maybe be worth something later on....well never know

(: i love ideas.

Edited by Major Zhuinden

Maybe, just maybe, we should really start teaching classes.

The behaviour of students in said classes may also add or diminish points from their houses.

But for that to work, you need a core group of people who like to roleplay, be a student, et cetera.

About the give-away prizes: I only think that we shouldn't give away major prizes like the dark lance or night's edge.

I was more thinking of prizes ranging from 50 gold to 1 platinum coin, and perhaps set up a little economy system.

Players would have to pay for their places in the dormitory, and also in my hotel :P

• Like 1

mmmmindeed. thats sounds to me like a very good idea. Thor brings a point to the economy system, as it's true lol. things do indeed have a price.

Edited by Major Zhuinden

50 points to Gryffindor!!!!!!

Guest Aloani

Thor said something about an economy system, so I was thinking what if they get all this money what are they going to do with it. we should develop something such as an event, store, or an activity where they can use their money. I was just thinking about opening a potion store and selling each potion for 5-20 gold a bottle. it sounds a lot for one bottle of potion but you don't want the students having a billion bottles of this stuff.

i also have more ideas if you guys would like to here them let me know :biggrin:

Edited by Major Zhuinden

Yea, there have been people wanting to open some stores already.

I really like the idea! There should be events, anyway.

Wouldn't it be cool, that a teacher/anything could host an event with certain rules, and players had to pick the color of their respective houses, to earn house points?

And every month, we should have a big prize for the currently leading house ^^

But maybe Ivrae should decide about this

I like that idea too. since I'm groundskeeper I don't really have that much responsibility. maybe I can host an event or be a shop director or something. :blush2:

Edited by Major Zhuinden

Five hundred thousand points from Gryffindor. D:

Another idea for the economy could be a bartender at the three broomsticks to provide ale and such, maybe you could offer students an upgrade for there room at 1 platinum a week? :P

Another idea for the economy could be a bartender at the three broomsticks to provide ale and such, maybe you could offer students an upgrade for there room at 1 platinum a week? :P

1 platinum that's extremely cheap

Edited by Major Zhuinden

1 platinum thats extremely cheap

Not for people who play the game honestly.

Honestly think about it. no one plays the game honestly.

Yeh. Good Point :P

We need to make a custom item. Like our own currency, when people do good, they get (Hogcoins, maybe?) which can be used for things around town.

Edited by Major Zhuinden

We need to make a custom item. Like our own currency, when people do good, they get (Hogcoins?Maybe?) which can be used for things around town.

Is that even possible to make a custom item?

Edited by Major Zhuinden

PvP Tornaments, Quizes on Harry Potter, Quidditch by using gravity potions and bows and arrows.

Edited by Major Zhuinden

We need to make a custom item. Like our own currency, when people do good, they get (Hogcoins?Maybe?) which can be used for things around town.

is that even possible to make a custom item?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hObkDzvLqCA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yaZapPbI7E&feature=related

I guess not :P

Now a thing that I would like to see into action, is to strip all the commonrooms of everything but beds.

Why, you wonder?

Don't wonder any longer!

We could, if the above is executed, host PvP events, etc. to earn House Points. Along with House Points come stationary bedroom upgrades (like a bed, candle, chest, piggy bank, perhaps even a VIP room size)

Now that would be kewl.

About the economy: I think that perhaps we should host a 'bazaar' sectiony building on the server, where players can sell and buy anything they'd like. An official Hogwarts shop might be built in said building as well.

About the tavern: Great idea for the roleplaying :P

Guest Aloani

The idea about the shop has already been stated by above and the VIP rooms are already made but I made them separate from hogwarts actuall I made it on a floating island.

Aloani

is that even possible to make a custom item?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hObkDzvLqCA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yaZapPbI7E&feature=related

Yes, but that would not show up on their game. It's only a modification YOU will see and not anyone else.

Edited by Major Zhuinden

@Aloani: I did not mean beds for the VIP players. I was suggesting a normal member could perhaps get extra room privileges through contest