Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Input on House Points and class design

I could run a treasure hunt like once a week with awesome prizes that i would provide i would be more than happy to do this as i have over 20 chests of rare and exotic stuff so get back to me on what you think about this treasure hunt

@Aloani: I did not mean beds for the VIP players. I was suggesting a normal member could perhaps get extra room privileges through contest

Your PvP idea is useful because i applied for battlemaster, so i could be involved in that.

These ideas are absolutely amazing! We have already started to implement a currency system so look forward to that in the coming days.

:-D

Ivrae <3

I think this is how house points could be distributed:

Attending Class: 50 house points

Behaving in Class: 20 additional house points (20 points will be taken for misbehaving)

Helping a Professor, House Headmaster/mistress or The Headmaster: 10 house points

Winning The Quidditch Cup (which hopefully we will soon make it playable): 50 house points

Being Late on Attending Class: 20 house points taken (not from the 50 meaning they will only lose 20 points no points will be earned)

Also if we can get a money system that can be accessible from typing a command to know how much money you have. So like if a wand

costs 50 money then you have to have 50 money to buy it. So it is like a shop system so if I wanted to buy a house in a village, I would type a

command that will pay him the money. Money can be earned from:

1- Helping Professors, Headmasters/mistresses and The Headmaster. (you will get the money from the ones you help)

2-Doing favors for fellow students. (you will get the money from the students you help)

Maybe someone else can add to my ideas and I hope you like these ideas. :grin:

Attending Class: 50 house points

Behaving in Class: 20 additional house points (20 points will be taken for misbehaving)

Helping a Professor, House Headmaster/mistress or The Headmaster: 10 house points

Winning The Quidditch Cup (which hopefully we will soon make it playable): 50 house points

Being Late on Attending Class: 20 house points taken (not from the 50 meaning they will only lose 20 points no points will be earned)

Also if we can get a money system that can be accessible from typing a command to know how much money you have. So like if a wand

costs 50 money then you have to have 50 money to buy it. So it is like a shop system so if I wanted to buy a house in a village, I would type a

command that will pay him the money. Money can be earned from:

1- Helping Professors, Headmasters/mistresses and The Headmaster. (you will get the money from the ones you help)

2-Doing favors for fellow students. (you will get the money from the students you help)

When i said him i meant like the seller of the house.

Attending Class: 10 house points

Helping a Professor, House Headmaster/mistress or The Headmaster: A variable lot, ranging from 10 to 30 house points

Winning The Quidditch Cup (which hopefully we will soon make it playable): 150 house points (like catching the snitch, ya know...)

Being Late on Attending Class: 20 house points taken (not from the 10 meaning they will only lose 20 points no points will be earned)

Various tasks, challenges and events, hosted by Hogwarts staff: 10-30 House Points for participating, 30-50 extra for winning

Also if we can get a money system that can be accessible from typing a command to know how much money you have. So like if a wand costs 50 money then you have to have 50 money to buy it. So it is like a shop system so if I wanted to buy a house in a village, I would type a command that will pay the money, like /givemoney (player) (amount). Money can be earned from:

2-Doing favors for fellow students. (you will get the money from the students you help)(you're not very likely to get some money)

3-Various tasks, challenges and events: A prize for the winner! Awarded by Hogwarts staff of course

Now that´s a system. But I have to make some changes, which I think are more executable. I´ll make the changes bold, to avoid confusion.

I can't wait to see stuff like this implented in-server =D

There should be rewards to win with the most house points. Perhaps we could say, every sunday, the currently leading house will earn a reward. I still enjoy my suggestion about stripping the student dormitories from all but their beds, so they can win items for in their dormitories (which would then have to be a lot bigger).

Rewards can also be, free weapons or potions for all members of the leading house visiting that sunday.

The main problem with this system, however, how to keep order? If we were to follow the progress through four signs, any VIP can come up and delete it!

So in that case, we'd have to have a topic on this forum, with the staff rewarding an amount of points in a post, with description of the activity.

However, this also means there should be a moderator to frequently clean this topic, which can be a boring job.

The other option is a in-game system, similar to the currency system, which would work with commands only accessible by mods. This could provide a more secure display. Everyday, ofcourse, a mod would have to check how much every house has with the commands, and post it on the signs @ entrance.

And now I'm bored. I love new systems, I love to help develop them, but it's hard to follow me. So see ya all next sunday :D

Edited by Thor