Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Inactive members (FIX)

so lately i have been helping sort people, and i can upon some bed belonging to inactive players. so i was thinking why go through the trouble of sorting these people if its going to be their last time on the server its a waste of time. so i thought to my self why not test their activity by making them join the server at least once a day for at least 1 hour a day for 3 days. after that point they can be sorted into their homes.

Aloani 8)

so lately i have been helping sort people, and i can upon some bed belonging to inactive players. so i was thinking why go through the trouble of sorting these people if its going to be their last time on the server its a waste of time. so i thought to my self why not test their activity by making them join the server at least once a day for at least 1 hour a day for 3 days. after that point they can be sorted into their homes.

Aloani 8)

I second that. People just come in when an admin is on, by accident, then hear about this sorting thing and think it's cool because your name is in a different colour.

OMG. I've got it. An entrance Exam. DunDunDun!

Aloani 8)

I second that. People just come in when an admin is on, by accident, then hear about this sorting thing and think it's cool because your name is in a different colour.

can you please eleborate on the exam part?

Aloani 8)

can you please eleborate on the exam part?

Maybe some studies? Like History of Magical Monsters. Take them to the harpy pit and make them answer questions about it?

Or make them fight monsters for defence against the dark arts. Stuff like that :P

I sure will have them fight in my class ;)

However, I disagree.

We don't wanna force anyone, right?

Just replace their beds after some time. Or take time before sorting them anyways ;)

Ive noticed this too, originally I was checking by who had locked their chest and who hadn't, but now that system is obsolete. I like the idea of an entrance exam. It could be like 5 questions hp related that they have to answer right or something. We could have a set of 30 questions and just randomly pick different questions per new student.

-or-

We could have a trivia game before each sorting session, it will happen two or three times a day and anyone who answers 5 questions right will be admitted to the school, and the winner of the round will receive 25 house points and 25 Galleons.

I agree with this as well, the beds are always taken but sometimes people don't come online enough so there isn't enough room. Perhaps we need some sort of check in system?

I agree with this as well, the beds are always taken but sometimes people don't come online enough so there isn't enough room. Perhaps we need some sort of check in system?

Maybe one editable sign near the entrance, only for sorted members, then they put their names down, if somebodies name hasn't been put down in 2 weeks, bed removed,

an idea just poped in my head!!!!!

how about we make it we they have to make an account on the forum and everytime they join the server they have to log in the forum/ because the forum has info on there last activites if you go to their profile. oh and we definately need to set up a work shifts we need a people that are either prefects or mods or admins on the server at least one on.

an idea just poped in my head!!!!!

how about we make it we they have to make an account on the forum and everytime they join the server they have to log in the forum/ because the forum has info on there last activites if you go to their profile. oh and we definately need to set up a work shifts we need a people that are either prefects or mods or admins on the server at least one on.

i believe aloani's idea is the best option. the idea of a stuffy old exam seems repelling to me in a video game. i can't vote up today, used my vote, but +1 positive to aloani.

We don't want to force anyone into logging in on forums every time they play...

i dont want to waste my time with undeditcated players

i dont want to waste my time with undeditcated players

o.o o.o

WE as in who??

o.o o.o

WE as in who??

and anyway everyone does need to have a forum account just so they can keep up with tha changes

and anyway everyone does need to have a forum account just so they can keep up with tha changes

True, but not everyone seems to use it, and you do want new people to come online, right?

Ye, with this system it doesnt accept any guests. Which is essential.

Maybe we could use some kind of program to say whens the last time they have been on?

Although it is summer vacation and there are vacations...