Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

A New Currency: Galleons!?!?

Lately, we've been playing with a new currency system that will help create a more interesting experience for you. In an attempt to stay close to the HP series we will be calling our currency Galleons. In the book, the currency itself does not necessarily have a name, but Galleon refers to the largest unit of the wizarding money.

You will be able to earn this by attending classes, winning tournaments, duels, doing favors for staff, and also awarded with House points. If you are working in an official position, i.e. Professor, Prefect, Groundskeeper, you will receive this currency as a weekly payment for your efforts.

How do we use this? Well, we will be having villages where plots can be rented for a certain amount of Galleons per month. Also, we will have certain items that you can purchase. Currently it is only accessible through commands.

Here is a list of current for sale items:

Weapons for sale:

Star Cannon: 1200

Demon Scythe: 950

Flamelash: 800

Magic Missile: 200

Flower of Fire: 175

Staff of Regrowth: 120

Starfury: 40

Objects/Armor/Tools:

Orb of Light: 350

Molten Hamaxe: 275

Molten Pickaxe: 275

Ivy Whip: 150

Jungle Hat: 200

Jungle Shirt: 200

Jungle Pants: 200

How to access the store?

/shoplist -get list of all trade-able items in shop

/shoplist (itemName) -get specified item's price

/buy (itemName) (amount) -buy item from the shop

Other useful commands:

/money -show amount of money in your account

/money pay (player) (amount) -transfers money to specified player

As this is a new system we are trying out, it is bound to be buggy. Please do let us know if you see flaws in our system or a way to help improve it! I will later come up with a more official list of things that are for sale and how Galleons will be awarded.

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Ivrae <3

Edited by lostnfound1288

Lately, we've been playing with a new currency system that will help create a more interesting experience for you. In an attempt to stay close to the HP series we will be calling our currency Galleons. In the book, the currency itself does not necessarily have a name, but Galleon refers to the largest unit of the wizarding money.

You will be able to earn this by attending classes, winning tournaments, duels, doing favors for staff, and also awarded with House points. If you are working in an official position, i.e. Professor, Prefect, Groundskeeper, you will receive this currency as a weekly payment for your efforts.

How do we use this? Well, we will be having villages where plots can be rented for a certain amount of Galleons per month. Also, we will have certain items that you can purchase. Currently it is only accessible through commands.

Weapons for sale:

Objects/Armor/Tools:

How to access the store?

/shoplist get list of all trade-able items in shop

/shoplist (itemName) get specified item's price

/buy (itemName) (amount) buy item from the shop

Other useful commands:

/money show amount of money in your account

/money pay (player) (amount) transfers money to specified player

As this is a new system we are trying out, it is bound to be buggy. Please do let us know if you see flaws in our system or a way to help improve it! I will later come up with a more official list of things that are for sale and how Galleons will be awarded.

Ivrae <3

OMFG, i helped come up with this idea, i feel so proud :´) looks good, good job ivrae.

Weapons for sale:

Objects/Armor/Tools:

How to access the store?

/shoplist get list of all trade-able items in shop

/shoplist (itemName) get specified item's price

/buy (itemName) (amount) buy item from the shop

Other useful commands:

/money show amount of money in your account

/money pay (player) (amount) transfers money to specified player

Ivrae <3

OMFG, i helped come up with this idea, i feel so proud :´) looks good, good job ivrae.

ME TOO YAY!!!

at this point what methods are there to obtain galleons? either way the system seems awesome. keep it up!

As it is now, only by helping professors, right?