Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

NEW HOGWARTS SERVER

ok so obviously this server can only handle 13 people including admin. but when we start classes people are still going to join during classes and events and its going to disturb the event or class. but not if you have another server. currently i have a 10/m connection and i can run a 12 player server we can make it where if there is a class people have to join the Ghoztcraft server but the redirect them to my server and have the classes there. basiclly what im saying is let me host an extenion server just to take so of the weight of your shoulders ill make ivrae and XGhozt admins and they can do as they please with the server ill just be the host also if you guys agree i might just buy a real server like the one you guys are running and pay for it myself that is only if you let me. but there is one problem if you guys accept you will have to wait one week from now till i get back to the us im currently in saudi arabia for vaction. :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful:

love,

Aloani

please +1 if you agree and tell us why and -1 if you dont agree and tell us why.

• Downvote 3

I can see where you're going with that, just because it would be impossible to have more than one class going at once and the class would be interrupted by other people joining randomly and talking.

Due to the fact that NO REAL CLASSES have been teached yet, I disagree.

A 2nd-version of anything is NOT a good idea, under whatever circumstances

my vote is a wildcard. If it's possible to increase the max from 13 to more, i vote down. if we're stuck with 13, i vote up.

the only reason that no classes have been tought yet is because the staff isnt complete. even if there isnt any classes i dont see a reason NOT to have an other server

and thank you serk for understanding the main reason. but also remember its not just for classes but also for housing too.

and thor please give me a reason to why you disagree will ya?

also mcmo what are you talking about

the only reason that no classes have been tought yet is because the staff isnt complete. even if there isnt any classes i dont see a reason NOT to have an other server

and thank you serk for understanding the main reason. but also remember its not just for classes but also for housing too.

and thor please give me a reason to why you disagree will ya?

also mcmo what are you talking about

Second servers just don't work. Gigiben will tell ya the same thing (remember, with Kiku?)

I like the server as it is now. And remember, if you want it to upgrade, just donate!

you are not getting the point and second servers do work if they are used correctly!!

ok lets imagine that its monday and history class just began the students are in the class room and you are giving the a brief speech about the history of magic

and guess what a new member joins in and he wants to be sorted and he interupts the whole class!!

where can i get a robe?

can you sort me?

can i be in hufflepuff?

can i get a bed? why is my name not yellow?

i cant register help!!!

honestly think about it now those are just about the most asked questions on the server and thats one person

and there will be others that also want help

we need to have another server where we can redirect the students to and have them actually be in a class atmosphere.

and plus we need a little breathing room :grin:

you are not getting the point and second servers do work if they are used correctly!!

ok lets imagine that its monday and history class just began the students are in the class room and you are giving the a brief speech about the history of magic

and guess what a new member joins in and he wants to be sorted and he interupts the whole class!!

where can i get a robe?

can you sort me?

can i be in hufflepuff?

i cant register help!!!

honestly think about it now those are just about the most asked questions on the server and thats one person

we need to have another server where we can redirect the students to and have them actually be in a class atmosphere.

also we can add a topic here with a schedule of classes with the ip's of the servers and passwords and date times

just so its easier on the people

where can i get a robe?

can you sort me?

can i be in hufflepuff?

i cant register help!!!

It's called joining a team and using /p

But go ahead, maybe it'll be useful after all.

You'll only know by trying ;)

Yet Again, i agree with Thor, there aren't any classes yet, and we can get more than 13 people, its unlimited, it just costs more. :cookie?:

-1 sorry dude...not best idea

we should get a whitelist

+1 I'm always kicked cause there are too much players on the server lol. And if we wanna do more than class at the same time we will need it so +1 +1 +1 lol

I also forgot to say that more than 13 people would maybe force the server to lag even more than now so...

I like your idea Aloani, and in the future it may be something that we may consider. As it is right now, we would be able to expand the server size with more donations, and that would really be the best way to go. As for the chat issues during classes we may be switching over to an IRC chat channel sometime soon. That will help keep things more organized when teaching.

Professor Ivrae

Head of Ravenclaw

Go On Ivrae you beast.

Go On Ivrae you beast.

Well.. Tomorrow I'm having my first class (6-6.30pm in my clock as much as i know)

and I had a reversal and it pretty much succeed :P

though I know why you're so against that... the reason must be hornybuilders isn't it? (it used to be a server on Minecraft)

if it is

let me explain the issue..

People who make a second server for anything... makes himself a higher rank... other players get angry about it and they are trying to get away from the seconds server... also there's technical issues and stuff.. well anyways what happened to us in hornybuilders was a nuclear war between an owner from the first server.. between another owner who used to be a manager in the first till she opened a 2nd server for hornybuilders.. she left us with many players and allmost no1 came to both of them because of that fight.. that way both servers shut down and lost the war...

thats pretty much what happened to us... but i still believe it can work with the correct people and responsible staff everything can happen :P

(

Edited by Major Zhuinden

where can i get a robe?

can you sort me?

can i be in hufflepuff?

i cant register help!!!

It's called joining a team and using /p

But go ahead, maybe it'll be useful after all.

You'll only know by trying ;)

/p doesnt work with spaces

I like your idea Aloani, and in the future it may be something that we may consider. As it is right now, we would be able to expand the server size with more donations, and that would really be the best way to go. As for the chat issues during classes we may be switching over to an IRC chat channel sometime soon. That will help keep things more organized when teaching.

Professor Ivrae

Head of Ravenclaw

IRC channel would be best

Why IRC? I prefer Skype for such things

So far the only people usin skype is me thor gigiben and aloani

Guest Hulk

i vote jolle for proferess

i vote jolle for proferess

you are in the wrong place son!

So far the only people usin skype is me thor gigiben and aloani

I have skype lol. It's in my profile.

We could just fix this by having a class size.