Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Armor of Choice

What is the armor you usually chose to fight with?

I go with Molten, just because it has the highest def. and it increases your attack. But i want to test more out...

Kinda situational really.

When I'm using spells (whether for fighting, or fun) I have jungle armor with a band of starpower, cause you can spam like no other and it refills pretty quick (mana regen and starpower buffs make it even better).

Archery I feel like Necro is a must-have because it allows you to get away from people and 'kite' them if you're familiar with the terminology. Basically if you're outrunning them, then you'll be able to stay out of range of their melee weapon or dodge their spells better while raining down arrows. Plus I hear in v 1.0.6 Necro will do archery bonus instead of movement bonus so it will probably be even more necessary then anyway.

I haven't done any actual tests, but I am curious if using shadow armor, feral claws, and cobalt shield would give enough of a speed boost to allow someone to do more damage than someone with Molten. The cobalt shield allows you to ignore knock back and make the most out of your attack speed. Otherwise Molten definitely takes the cake if you're going melee.

Late edit: Oh and though I didn't even get terraria till v 1.0.5 so I don't know what it is, I heard they are bringing back cobalt armor.

Edited by Serkalo

I'm god, so I don't have to wear any armour because I never die anyway, but back when I wasn't god, I used full shadow armour, cobalt shield and 4 feral claws with muramasa.

I'm god, so I don't have to wear any armour because I never die anyway, but back when I wasn't god, I used full shadow armour, cobalt shield and 4 feral claws with muramasa.

Do feral claws stack? Did I ask you this once already? lol

Yeh they do, only up to 4 times though. Then you hit max attack speed

i Swap out between Meteor and Shadow in Vanity and equip, swapping out

meteor is in vanity when i have ammo. i swap out when i run out to use space gun

Kinda situational really.

When I'm using spells (whether for fighting, or fun) I have jungle armor with a band of starpower, cause you can spam like no other and it refills pretty quick (mana regen and starpower buffs make it even better).

Archery I feel like Necro is a must-have because it allows you to get away from people and 'kite' them if you're familiar with the terminology. Basically if you're outrunning them, then you'll be able to stay out of range of their melee weapon or dodge their spells better while raining down arrows. Plus I hear in v 1.0.6 Necro will do archery bonus instead of movement bonus so it will probably be even more necessary then anyway.

I haven't done any actual tests, but I am curious if using shadow armor, feral claws, and cobalt shield would give enough of a speed boost to allow someone to do more damage than someone with Molten. The cobalt shield allows you to ignore knock back and make the most out of your attack speed. Otherwise Molten definitely takes the cake if you're going melee.

Late edit: Oh and though I didn't even get terraria till v 1.0.5 so I don't know what it is, I heard they are bringing back cobalt armor.

Colbalt was Jungle Armor