Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

The V.I.P. System.

Hey Everyone, this is Balten: Groundskeeper.

I have seen that people that donate to the website seem to have more power than a regular Prof. I am saying this because I am having the same problem as Tobuscus, this seems a little annoying that people that have the money can just hop in and boot one of the current peeps. I am mostly saying this because I cant connect because of player limit as well! And I am a Prof. position. I don't mean to be nagging or trying to get me more power, but is there a way to increase the player limit? Because we have like, 6 VIP's right now that are actively coming onto the server, and I am worried that it may boot people that are in a class or doing something important.

Sorry for annoying Admins, but this seems to be kinda a problem.

Much Thanks, Balten.

The V.I.Ps power this server, there money is vital to keeping this server going, if they suddenly can't get on the server, they're going to suddenly stop paying,

money > respect and trust is the way we run shit round here.

nuff said.

money > respect and trust is the way we run shit round here.

nuff said.

language please

and balten if you are so worried about not being able to join buy a vip it only a donation. and that means that we can get a bigger server

It's same with me. I would make a donation to server without becoming VIP. I think at the most the VIPs should have same abilities as head boy or girl

I can understand where you would be concerned about VIP's having more power than you, but keep in mind, its not more its mainly different. We do not allow VIPs to moderate, kick or ban for obvious reasons. We made the decision for VIP's to have special abilities to help encourage people to help keep our server alive and growing by donating. Consider them "perks", for they are not necessary to play but are nice to have.

In reality we only have 3 VIPs so far, the rest of the money for the server comes out of our (Xena, XGhozt, and my) own pockets. As it takes an amount of dedicated and hardworking people to run our server, it also takes money to pay for it monthly. We greatly appreciate anyone who helps support the server, whether it be by helping just one new person, dedicating time to develop new lesson plans, or by helping to fund the fun for everyone.

As for your concerns regarding the reserved slots, there are only three people who have that. Besides, if we took VIPs off the reserved slots and the server became full, you would still have to wait until someone logged off. According to the plug-in creator, its only suppose to kick the last person who joined but if and when a new/better option opens up we will consider it. Its not like it should be happening very frequently, if it does there is a problem with the plug-in and please alert an admin!

When more people help donate, our cap of 13 will be able to rise and open up more slots. Also if our server becomes more popular, we may even open up the second dedicated server.

If you have anymore questions please let me know. ;)

Ivrae <3

Ditto that^

Guest Dead Man

When people want to donate to a site or server, they normally want or would like something in return, in this case XToast has given you VIP status and priority on the server. I'm guessing he wants to keep PurgeHosting away from Ghoztcraft.

If you want to make a donation without getting VIP, you can always send it to the below address with a note saying it's for the Terraria server.

[email protected]