Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Hurricane Irene

Ooft, I remember reading a book about a hurricane, Ummmm, Damaged, by Alex Kava, you should get it, such an awesome book.

Edited by <3.

Severe wind damage, black outs galore, and minor flooding. Emergency workers are working through the night to restore power. The back end of this storm is definitely the part that kicks ass, the front end is just fore play.

Stay safe bro. Sounds nasty. You running off of generators?

Yeah we have a generator powering this building. It's kind of nice since not many buildings here have power.

Well, that's a plus then, I suppose, what about water supply?

Power was restored to most of the base yesterday evening. Water has been fine.

Update?

There's still lots of debris all over the place, damaged buildings, and fallen trees. Roadways are all clear though, and power has been restored to all buildings on base. As for out in town, I'm not entirely sure as I have yet to go off base since this weekend. All I'm looking forward to is this coming weekend when I can take my road trip to Virginia again. I bought myself a GoPro camera that I will be using to film cars while I'm up there. Going to get some hands on time with it later on today after work.

Very Good!

With the death toll from Hurricane Irene rising to 40, five million homes in the dark as of Monday and towns up and down the East Coast still struggling to hold back floodwaters, the cleanup from the storm is expected to take weeks, if not months