Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Headphones aren't working in video games

So I decided to put my headphones in while playing starcraft 2 today. and noticed while I was playing that no sound was coming out of my headphones. I messed with the sound settings in the game and couldn't fix it. Anyone have the answer to my problem?

Going to need more information about your computer's sound cards and configuration...

Is it a lap top or a desk top? Also did you plug your head phones directly into the computer or from your speakers (if it is a desk top.)

I'd like to know some things, It may sound stupid and I don't know what you've tried.

1) did you try the headphones outside of the video games? aka youtube/media player etc.. and did it work?

-if the headphones worked out side game: make sure your "output device" is properly set respective to the current sound device active from windows sound

2) are the headphones AUX or is it USB? , if its usb the "default" sound output may not work and you will have to specify

3) if you haven't used these headphones outside game before and it is USB, you may need new drivers

also if it is a USB headset could you give us model # and we may need to know ur OS too, that would help :)

• Like 1

If everything is properly configured and your audio card isn't broken the wire inside the coating is probably broken... *srug*

Cripp: laptop and desktop are one word.

It's a laptop, my headphones work for everything but Starcraft 2. They aren't USB Headphones, they're just you standard earbud headphones.

since it works with other audio sources that means headphones work properly.

i think sc2 isn't properly sending data to your headphones, whats happening is when you plug in your headphones into the headphone slot the laptop disables the speakers and what ends up happening is the audio stream is channeled through the headphone slot. Your specific sound card or w.e sound chipset your mobo has is not recognized in SC2 as the same sound output device and it is still trying to send the sound into your speakers while its being muted lol.

I think this issue is a tough one to fix, I recommend driver update. Maybe that will help sc2 realize that the headphone jack is the same device as your regular sound. Once again if you haven't fiddled with it much try to change the audio output option in sc2, maybe there is an option?... or get a usb headset :dirol:

get the nice bose head set or real good german ones from germany.