Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Freedom

Hello all,

This has got nothing to do with past projects of mine. I just named it Freedom because of the feeling this image created. Open freeways, miles of road, and all the speed you could ever want. That'd probably be the only reason I'd ever find myself driving through Texas. Enjoy!

Open%20Freeway.png

Was this edited on photoshop? Can I see the original image for comparison's sake? :D

Thanks! It helps when you are in control of all the lighting and angling when taking a photo. Makes editing it afterwards so much easier. O_o I shall make more photoshops of my car now.... You've made me want to do so now that you've made me mention lighting and such when it comes to photos.

I just selected the parts of the image I wanted and left the rest O_o

How else would you get a render of a preexisting image?

Geez, that's pretty beautiful rendering, I gotta agree. No misplaced pixels that I can see, and it's such a high quality image. o_o Impressive..

Thanks! :D

I guess the only tips I can give for making such a nice rendering is to ensure your image that you start out with is already huge to begin with. Huge as in at least 1.5k pixels per side.

Because I took the Viper's photo myself, the image is actually a panorama comprised of two images blended together, one of each half of the front of the vehicle. So the end result was a massive image with over 4k pixels across in width.

From this image I selected the Viper out from it, and scaled it down to the size of the background image. After I had placed the Viper into the background image, I took a blur brush, and blurred the first 2-4 pixels from the edges of the Viper (But only in certain parts as I did want to keep the edges as clear and crisp as I could).

After that, I recreated the shadow beneath the vehicle as I hadn't included that as part of the render, and created the text. From there I sized the image down to 1080p proportions and uploaded it :D

EDIT: Oh yes, and I radial blurred the background image to make it look like the vehicle was flying down the highway. It really wasn't when I took the photo. :]

Yeah, you used pretty simple techniques but to such great effect and amazing execution. I guess it makes sense, since the original image is so massive that if you downsize it, it remove some of the clutter left by imperfect selection. Nicely done. :)

Thanks again, I think I'm probably going to go ahead and start the other car project I had in mind when I did my little photo shoot with my car. >:3

Looking very nice viper! Great job!

The picture of the road, is it from the Utah salt flats? It looks kinda familiar. If it is the Utah salt flats then I drove on that road 2 months ago.

Not sure where it was taken, but it does look like salt all along the sides of the road. I'd totally go there if my wheels weren't chrome XD

Thats pretty bad ass. So I am guessing this is your dream car.

Of course! That exact model, and shade of green, everything. Which sort of sucks because the ACR model of the Viper comes at a base price of $110,000.

The cool part of this image though, is the Viper itself. I got to take that photo of the Viper, I just stuck it in a different background for this image. I was in heaven this past July, as some of you may know since I was surrounded with Vipers made for track racing. I'm looking at other images I can use in pictures similar to this one. I'm hoping they come out as good, that way this one won't seem like a fluke.

I've found that sometimes I come up with an image in my mind that I happen to recreate perfectly when I'm finished with the project. The last time this happened was with my green Viper Avatar with the Black/Blue/White text.