Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Suggestions For Promoting Programming Within Ghoztcraft!

Hey everyone, Andrew here. I've been talking with a couple of other staff members and now I want your opinion. I'm look for any ideas you may have to help promote programming and get people started in it. There is no stupid idea, I need your help :D! Some basic ideas to throw around:

- Contests (give me details for a contest and a prize(s) up for grabs!)

- Forum Programming Class where I would have lessons every week and projects for you to work on throughout the weeks

Those are just some suggestions, but I want to hear what your wacky, tacky, crazy ideas are! You may reply here or PM me oor reach me through AIM where my SN is TouchTheTiny. All responses should be fully detailed and have a clear understanding. If it is gibberish I will ignore it (don't waste my time). May the brain-storming begin!

Edited by Andrew

classes might be a good idea. basically, u have a bunch links that go to diffrent parts of a tut that teaches u how to do a specific program, and once u do the program and finish it, some one gives u the next link.

I wanna learn some goods too! :D

i know more than enough to teach ppl the starting of vb.

yeah we should have poply teach a class for VB, that would be cool for the people who want to learn.

VB is wothless crap. It's only use in todays world is pretty GUI's, and nothing more. If anyone is going to learn anything useful, and be able to carry on an intelligent programming conversation, they need to learn an OOP language that is capable of using sockets and being multi-platform compatible.

I suggest Java and C++.

yeah we should have poply teach a class for VB, that would be cool for the people who want to learn.
Oh god..

I agree with Dyn. VB is for lazy programmers, but it is a good starting language(along with pascal) for any one who wants to program.

I think that a sort of class would be a good idea, provided we use a private chat sort of thing (like AIM). It would be helpful for anyone interested in programming things. :)

Sorry everyone I've been away and busy, plus everytime I came here XGhozt was down. I'm back now and will be starting classes soon! Thank you for your feedback, and there is another sticky with a poll to decide what do you want to learn :)

~ Closed