Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

New Reads?

Anyone have some good books they've read?

I need some new books for testing :/

Thanks!

this is a great read

jk

this is a great read

jk

I slightly disagree with that, first off, we have jerk off's in the technology company, that are charging you more for a book to be digitally downloaded then a hard copy. Also you will never get the same effect from a book then you would get from a video game/tv show or even a movie.

1. I like holding an actual book in my hand.

2. I can't bring a eBook into a classroom with me for testing....

Songs of Fire and Ice. all the books are great.

Oh AKA Game of Thrones.

Thanks I'll check it out :D

btw I did say I was jk, but it is true that reading a book is becoming a whole lot less common, in fact reading at all. People are slowly starting to tend towards visual media. Whether its anything from CNN to youtube. But I was joking.

Personally I fall under that same boat. I don't really consider my self a book person and I'm sorry if I didn't contribute to your thread. I hope I didn't go too off topic :)

On a side note one book I did enjoy reading was called "Animal Farm" by George Orwell.

Anyone have some good books they've read?

I need some new books for testing :/

Thanks!

I'm not sure if you're into sci-fi series or not but here's a couple serieis I love:

A Galaxy Unknown - Thomas Deprima

Spinward Fringe Series - Ralph Lalonde The first book is called Origins and its free to download, I know you like to hold books in your hands (me too - although I love my e-reader as well) it may be a good place to see if you like his writing style.

Also the Enders game series is definitely worth a read.

I also have a thing for dystopian sci-fis. However they tend to be an easier read as they are for young adults.

Like the hunger Games[/b]

Or the The maze Runner series

If your looking for something a little more drama-ish I definitely recommend Sarah's keyby Tatiana de Rosnay which about the french occupation during WWII

Another favourite book with a WWII theme is The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak

A series known as "The Dresden Files" by Jim Butcher is really good. It's actually my current favorite. It's an urban/sci-fi/fantasy series, so it's kind of like old P.I. movies meets meets the supernatural meets the 21st century.

"Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams is always a classic.

Or if you're looking for something a little more romantic there's "The Princess Bride" by William Goldman, yes it's an actual book and not just a movie.

Maybe something more gorey? "World War Z" by Max Brooks. Although this read is a bit on the darker side. I found myself reading bits and pieces of it at a time because it started to bring my mood down after a while. Still a great read though.

There's a series called "The Keys to the Kingdom" by Garth Nix that's really interesting. It's written for a bit of a lower level reader compared to the other books I've mentioned, but that doesn't detract from the very interesting plot/story. Garth Nix has a way of weaving details together to make a very rich scene form in your imagination. It's a good series for someone who has a lot of imagination.

That's all I can think of for now. :P

Thanks guys! I'll look at them all

Edited by Luna

Here are my few suggestions:

Elementary Structures of Kinship by Claude Levi-Strauss

The Mind of Primitive Man: Revised Edition by Franz Boas

Sex and Temperament: In Three Primitive Societies by Margaret Mead

The Interpretation Of Cultures (Basic Books Classics) by Clifford Geertz

Structure and Function in Primitive Society: Essays and Addresses by Alfred Reginald Radcliffe-Brown

Ancient Society by Lewis Henry Morgan