Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Anyone disapointed with Diablo 3?

So I've played this game for quite a while and I'm just not enjoying the game as much as D2. I'm not sure if it's lack of customization or maybe the slight changes in gameplay. Magic finding and runs are completely gone right now and there's much higher reliance on better gear. Also the fact that unique creatures have become ridiculously strong. And having a wizard kiting long periods of time gets boring and I don't want to start over with a new character

I don't know I still enjoy the game but I definitely can keep playing the long periods of time and I need to take a break more often. What's your guy's opinion?

I am curious what patches will happen in the future it improve the game especially since it is new. Also It's interesting to see other peoples comments on the official forums if you're interested.

Never played D1, D2, OR D3... ):

Never played D1, D2, OR D3... ):

+1

Well I will say that as a Wizard, if I were to get a Jailer/Vortex combo, it would be almost impossible to defeat them. :l I get 2-shot atm, though I lack a shield, but still I'm only on Nightmare D=

But I don't find too much wrong, I just the lack of gem variation and the ridiculous Lat that pops up at the worst times...

Also Acts 3 and 4 felt lackluster compared to 1 and 2 and Azmodan's fight was so incredibly pitiful...

All I do is farm Act 1 Inferno so I can get gear for Act 2... :( Pretty much hit a big wall and can't do anything else.

Starcraft 2 > Diablo 3 In my honest opinion. But as bounder said, the story line is just a huge lack luster leading into act 3-4. I also dont like the fact in normal difficulty (or what blizzard calls normal.) Was just a complete faceroll. I found diablo 2 much harder from when I remember (on normal.)

I also found the game perdictible at one point.... I dont know if its because I am older now or the story was just that obvious.

You figured Kull was going to back stab your ass. You figure our that The young boy was obliviously belial. and then andrea betraying us...

. Also they made the game so much like wow.... That all it is, is a continuous grind and the higher you go. The more you feel like your trying to solo a 5 man dungeon in wow....

Also, as bounder mentioned the gear in game just seems so retarded at times... Who is going to use get which has Intel and strength on it... Or Intel and dexterity. And the fact you can only have 10 auctions up at a time and you cant cancel the god damn things....

Other then that, I rather enjoy the game still... I need myself a wizards so I can be op....

Yeah I actually came across a 300+ rare Axe and a new set up my friend suggested and I'm able to slay just about anything at the moment with some decent kiting. But there's definitely disappointment in the items for me. I mean It's so basic it's kindergarten compared too Diablo 2. and I think once I beat hell Ima start a new character spice things up again.

I've yet to complete act one and I'm loving it :)

Many people are expecting Diablo 3 to be an expansion to Diablo 2. Diablo 2 was a little rough at it's start too. I'm sure most people here didn't start playing it untill LOD was released.

I've yet to complete act one and I'm loving it :)

Many people are expecting Diablo 3 to be an expansion to Diablo 2. Diablo 2 was a little rough at it's start too. I'm sure most people here didn't start playing it untill LOD was released.

D3 is okay, but really, the biggest problem IMO, is that there is no more random maps really.

Everything's the same every time, except maybe flipped or rotated, with only maybe a different Hole to explore.

In D2 it was blatantly different every time you ran it, but in D3, I can almost run straight to the quest objective :l

The lack of randomness is a heavy hit against a Hack N Slash game.

And the dungeons do seem to have almost as much as it did in D2, but each "chunk" seems to be much larger, and so it takes forever to run back for a missed pathway.

For almost every quest I can also get the correct direction it's practically the same for all of them.

Play Diablo 2 again, it's easy to find the request directions.

Play Diablo 2 again, it's easy to find the request directions.

D3 is okay, but really, the biggest problem IMO, is that there is no more random maps really.

Everything's the same every time, except maybe flipped or rotated, with only maybe a different Hole to explore.

In D2 it was blatantly different every time you ran it, but in D3, I can almost run straight to the quest objective :l

The lack of randomness is a heavy hit against a Hack N Slash game.

And the dungeons do seem to have almost as much as it did in D2, but each "chunk" seems to be much larger, and so it takes forever to run back for a missed pathway.

That's interesting, I've heard the exact opposite, meaning that the maps are always different and you can't be sure where you're going or what you'll run into.

The what you'll run into part is true. for better or much worse though. Also blizzard posted only 70 thousand players have reached inferno difficulty today. which is interesting because the people in inferno are complaining while the people who aren't in inferno seem to back it up.

Dude! The monk is fucking useless in inferno.... I cant do shit.

Yeah I heard monks are having the hardest time. My plan is take a break or make a new character till I see changes I like.

Yeah I heard monks are having the hardest time. My plan is take a break or make a new character till I see changes I like.

Your a wizard, your broken as fuck! dont take a break.

Ha it's more to take a break from playing wizard. And does anyone think it's a joke that blizzard says you need skill to play in inferno? like there's no skill in inferno, the most skillful thing is kiting.

Bump

So since we've all played diablo 3 a while since we last posted I just wanted an you're updated opinion.

Personally now that I've played Inferno for a while and gotten a little bit of better gear I still see people's frustrations of being one shotted. Most farming is more of exploits than anything else. However inferno definitely gets better. I'm getting excited to pick up new gear to see if it's an improvement which is refreshing. And I do enjoy doing longer magic finding runs compared to boss fight leave (compared to Diablo 2. though It can still be very frustrating).

One of my biggest complaints at the moment is probably the AH. It's harder to make money with such a flooded market. even though this was to be expected.

Bump

So since we've all played diablo 3 a while since we last posted I just wanted an you're updated opinion.

Personally now that I've played Inferno for a while and gotten a little bit of better gear I still see people's frustrations of being one shotted. Most farming is more of exploits than anything else. However inferno definitely gets better. I'm getting excited to pick up new gear to see if it's an improvement which is refreshing. And I do enjoy doing longer magic finding runs compared to boss fight leave (compared to Diablo 2. though It can still be very frustrating).

One of my biggest complaints at the moment is probably the AH. It's harder to make money with such a flooded market. even though this was to be expected.

My opinion still holds, Diablo has always been like wow in a smaller scale Back when d2 came out it wasnt about needing the "right gear" to do what you need to do... You picked up gear as you went and eventually you destroyed.... Now with D3, The bosses feel like small raid bosses from wow, to step foot in Inferno you need to have "certain amount of this stat and this stat."

WARNING SPOILERS:

The story line, Act 1 was perfectly played and it was great, The falling star was tyrael (which was the cut scene from starting the game up), they killed off cain which was heart breaking if you played the other diablo games... then in act 2.... You find andria awesome an original character from two!! Then she talks about Kull, So then wasting your time getting his head, eventually needing to revive him so he will give us the soul stone... So act 2 again playing nicely along but getting perceptible, as soon as you revive him you know he is gonna stab you in the back (which he does. but if people pay attention to the chat he says "how is this possible the souls have been trapped with in the stone!) Something up, so after you kill its perdictable that the young prince is belial because of the lord of lies.... So I like act 1-2... Then we get to three.... The story here is lack lusting now.. You defend the keep basically from getting over run by azmodan... after defending the keep you go out to the field thinking this will be a short act but no.. You fight some joke boss with swords as arms that actually doesnt move if you have compions and tyrael tanking... Then Finally you think oh were going to kill azmodan.. FALSE, you go into this endless dungeon, Buy the third lvl in you think your will fight this random spider bitch he puts in your way... (which is a joke fight again) But no she slithers away and you begin to go into two more lvls until fightin her now. There is no other reason to be fighting her then the fact that she stands in our way to Azmodan. Once you kill her you think the boss fight is right after.. FALSE then insert a small dungeon putting more rares and elites in your way then you can FINALLY FIGHT HIM. Which reminds me like wow.. His pools he spawns remind me of defile from the lich king, avoiding his fire balls is like another raid fight in wow.... then of course spawns adds... Finally you kill him talk to the gaurd.... and it gives it away before you hit the armory... Andria and her dark magic creates diablo. Now act four, from being in heaven this has potential, Diablo seems really strong and this will be a long act meeting all the different angels. FALSE. This is the shortest and gayest act out of them all. Sure the graphics looks great and all the CGI's were amazing (thats blizzard for you), but they give us this shitty short act 4, after the short quest in between you and diablo finally the time has come you fight diablo, now you think this fight would be tough and challenging, he has all the lords of hell in him and its just you and him! False, its a three phase boss that was not difficult. He did 3-4 different moves and was a cake walk. Then seeing the CGI, you notice Blizzard's cash cow kick in where they show the soul stone fall back to earth creating the expansion and it was told that we will be recusing leah. Wait doesnt that sound familar? Oh yea a starcraft 2 plot line...

I added a spoiler tag because the game is still new and I give away most of the story. So if you have not played through the story, please dont read the spoiler. I break down the game like this:

Story: 6

Grapics: 9

CGI's (Cut Scenes): 9

Game play: 7.5 (Unit collision sucks, also in fights such as belial when you tried to click and move, you end up shooting the boss/mob instead)

Challenging: 8 (normal is a face roll, but if you continue on to night mare and hell I feel the game is more challenging and gets harder/dungeons change also.)

Balancing: I am not going to rate this because some classes are clearly broke and I know blizzard will patch these things up.

Overall: 7.5-8

Edited by Cripp

My question is how is Diablo in the black soul stone? as well as Mephisto and Baal. Their souls were destroyed...

Playing Diablo 3 makes me want to play Diablo 2 again. :(

Playing Diablo 3 makes me want to play Diablo 2 again. :(

Yeah I definitely agree with that.

well one modest observation:

with diablo 2 v.108 or 1.09 etc etc.. they all had there godly bugged items (ive personally seem em) and when the later patches emrge you can no longer get them.. :suicide2: and anywase... and anywase, my opinion... i would not be just focusing all your anticipation to future patches but in fact do some DEEP digging (farming) in the current ones...

the items you may have now... you might not later... ^_^

best part about d3 right now is the leveling system while everything is being updated. Although Blizzard seems to be quite slow at updating Diablo these days... Runescape updates their stuff almost everyday whereas Diablo players are waiting every minute until the update launches. In actuality I don't allow myself to expect D3 updates.

the auction house is cool if you can really focus enough to understand the small amount you can make to merchant items

i do feel disappointed with the PVP entirely because it's just lame as most of you know D2 pvp was amazing. I also feel disappointed with the RMAH while it was out because of the payment methods but oh well it sucks that i did not have the opportunity to enjoy all of its features. I did try selling items on RMAH but failed and did not have enough time for it anyways.