Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Good Laptop?

I know most laptops from stores are usually pretty crappy, but i saw this laptop and thought it would do pretty good.

Specs:

8 gb memory,

1 tb hard drive

Intel Core I5-3210m processor

and battery life is up to 6 1/2 hrs.

its 700$, good buy?

Edited by fanimorph

What do u need it for, like what r u gonna run on it? :rawr:

I'd but it...

What do u need it for, like what r u gonna run on it? :rawr:

I am going to kill that dinosaur if i see it one more time.

Imma prob get steam on it.. If i get a diff graphics card I'll try some Cod and stuff like that.

Thinking minecraft,terraria, l4d2, etc. Payday..

If u r only gonna use it for that stuff then yeah it i really good, whee did u find it? cuz i need a laptop for college and my budget is like $900...

( :rawr: =3 )

That laptops fine for class, but without a Graphic card you won't be playing games. Going to need to start at 1k$ if you want gaming laptop.

That laptops fine for class, but without a Graphic card you won't be playing games. Going to need to start at 1k$ if you want gaming laptop.

If u r only gonna use it for that stuff then yeah it i really good, whee did u find it? cuz i need a laptop for college and my budget is like $900...

Hungry_Dino.gif

i was thinking a custom card..

Anyone know where to get a decent graphics card for this laptop?

*COUGH COUGH* VIPER'S CUE *COUGH COUGH*

anddd also:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A4527981&~ck=bnpd&~bk=gr:ProductRec_default,g:AlsoUsed,rk:&~lt=popup

Good card?

found it at sams club...

I

offically

hate

dinosaurs

Edited by fanimorph

I would customize the laptop on the site [Found the same one on there, same price] But dell doesnt let you change anything like it used to..

this may sound sad/funny, but I've actually been sitting here waiting for viper to post :D

this may sound sad/funny, but I've actually been sitting here waiting for viper to post :D

Why?

Why?

Well. I have offically screwed people on here up.

I mean ruler.

Not you viper.

Ner affence.

Fanimorph...........that deserves a robotic dinosaur! :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr:

Fanimorph...........that deserves a robotic dinosaur! :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr:

its tob, smart one :P

its tob, smart one :P

Same thing lol :P

You'll be unable to simply add a card to a laptop, you'll need to find one that already has it as an option. But unless you get something high end like the new Asus Gaming laptops you're going to spend alot.

5 Years ago i got a Lenovo Thinkpad T61 with nVidia NVS 140. Cost 1001$ after all the sales & coupons I cound find. Plays up to Starcraft 2 with little issue and ALOT of heat.

As you have little knowledge of computers i would suggest a Dell with plenty of warranty coverage. The Inspiron 15R should suit your needs.

2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-2450M processor (2.50 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.10 GHz)

6GB Dual Channel DDR3 1333MHz

750GB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive

AMD Radeon™ HD 6470M (64-bit) 512MB (Dual)

8X Tray Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)

15.6" High Definition (720p) LED Display with Truelife™

6-cell (48WHr) Battery

Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 & Bluetooth

HD Audio 2.0 Support SRS™ Premium Sound

Integrated 10/100 Network Card

Integrated 1.0MP Widescreen HD Webcam

eh.

I will consideratate that.

Will the one I said run stuff like Minecraft, Steam, And Terraria fine?

Maybe L4D2?

Im just gonna use the laptop for minimal stuff.

Yeah it probably will, cuz i have an i3 processor desktop and it runs both really well

Laptops GENERALLY are not meant to play games... HOWEVER, you can get some gaming laptops but (like mastric said) they are not cheap by any stretch of the imagination. There are also a very select few laptops that have interchangeable graphics cards however the graphics cards are expensive. Laptop graphics cards are built into the motherboard and therefor can not be removed without a lot of work and soldering. Another issue many laptops see (someone commented on this already) is heat. Heat is a MAJOR issue with standard laptops and gaming laptops are not any different.

If you are going to play games i would HIGHLY suggest a desktop because they are 1000000x easier to upgrade and in my personal opinion more reliable. That being said, if you would still like a laptop that has enough balls to play games on decent settings the laptop that you described in your first post is decent and the price isn't bad however you will need to know what graphics card it has in it so that we can tell you what it will be able to handle. As far as playing minecraft goes, it is a very GPU (graphics processing unit) and CPU intensive game (despite the graphics) so you would be putting that I-5 under a bit of stress if you had a decent video card and a lot of stress if you had a shitty card.

Sorry for the delayed response. I work a lot >.>

Edit: As far as the link you posted to the graphics card: One: That is a desktop graphics card and can not be put in a laptop. Two: that is a decent card I actually have a Sapphire HD 5550 in my gaming rig right now. Three: the 5570 is a much better card that is only a few dollars more, however ATI has the 7000 series graphics cards out now. The 7000 series cards will destroy the 5000 =/

• Like 1

So that first laptop should work for Terria and thats about it :)

Laptop cards are commonly called Discrete graphic Cards and are always nVidia or ATI. Intel cards can play games but are designed more for HD Videos.

So that first laptop should work for Terria and thats about it :)

Laptop cards are commonly called Discrete graphic Cards and are always nVidia or ATI. Intel cards can play games but are designed more for HD Videos.

I'd recommend following ruler's advice on laptops. The one he suggested for me back in 2009 is still alive and kicking other computer ass today.