Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Nintendo Revolution Release/download Service...

Hey everyone, you might already know that the Revolution is scheduled to come out right before the holiday season (though Satoru Iwata wont give an exact date). He is quoted as saying in an interview with the Japanese newspaper Sankei Shinbun "We can't disclose the Revolution's release period yet, but we have no plans to miss out in the year end sales battle. As for North America, we need to release it by Thanksgiving, or otherwise we won't receive support from the retail industry. So the Revolution will be released prior to that period."

Nintendo is expected to reveal more about the Revolution's debut this May at E3.

A recent marketing survey came across my desk this week that was recently deemed by Nintendo as OK for public(in layman's terms) This marketing survey was made to gauge public interest in the pricing and structure for games in the download service dubbed "Virtual Console". It also asked about pricing for the system itself...this is what I took away from it.

It asked if people would purchase it in the fist year if it were priced between $199-299.

It also inquired about three possible options for playing old nintendo games....BUYING, RENTAL, AND SUBSCRIPTION. Some N64 games were listed as high as 19.99$(yikes!) but most titles for NES, SNES, and N64 were cheaper.l If purchased titles would be stored on the systems memory. Rentals obviously would only let users play for a specific time frame, there was an all you can rent option listed at 14.99$ per Month. They talked in the survey about a subscription service which would obviously let you play any game while you were a subscriber.

Here is a potential list of games first available for play on "Virtual Console". (taken from survey)

NES GAMES:

Ballon Fight

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Jr.

Dr. Mario

Duck Hunt

Excitebike

Hogan's Alley

Ice Climber

Ice Hockey

Kid Icarus

The Legend of Zelda

Metriod

Pro Wrestling

Punch-Out!!

R.C. Pro-AM

Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. 2

Super Mario Bros. 3

Tennis

Tetris

Urban Champion

Zelda II The Adventure of Link

SNES titles

Battle Clash

Donkey Kong Country 2

Earthbound

F-Zero

Illusion of Gaia

Killer Instinct

Kirby's Avalanche

Legend Of Zelda: A link to the Past

Pilotwings

Star Fox

Super Mario Kart

Super Mario World

Super Metroid

Yoshi's Island

N64:

1080 Snowboarding

Blast Corps

Bomberman 64

Cruisi'n USA

Goldeneye 007

Mario Golf 64

Mario Party 3

Mario Tennis

Ogre Battle 64

Paper Mario

Pilot Wings 64

Pokemon Snap

Sin and Punishment

Star Fox 64

Super Mario 64

Wave Race 64

Yoshi's Story

(unspecified) Legend Of Zelda game

so what do you guys think?

its a very nice feature, but i cant help but feel every1 is making a bigger deal of it than it really is.

well it is one of the main features they are bulding up hype for...

since the system isn't gonna be as powerful as 360 or PS3

would be one of the only reason's I would buy it...but as of now the service sounds expensive as hell

neat its like a cheap and crappy alternative to the ps3 or 360

id definately buy it

neat? yes. cheap (price)? yes. crappy? hells no! ninty products have the LEAST issues compared with sony and MS.

Edited by Poply

The only thing I think will probably be annoying (but possibly cool) is the dual-controller format, it looks kinda wierd.

well aside from the virtual console being way to pricey, i don't like the contoller...at least yet...

id rather just wait till the ps3 comes out instead of buying the revolution or just "borrow" one when it comes out... rofl

yeh. id rather save up for a ps3 then get the nintendo when it comes out too ^^

well the ps3 is gonna rock, but the Revolution is gonna be way cheaper then the other next gen's. They have admitted that it wont be as powerful, they are trying to attract people with other features or gimmicks

*AHEEEMMmodchipsAHEMMM*

first one with those is the one for me.

Lol....

nicee post and edit.

lol thanks. The edit was pretty funny, i did it because i didn't understand what he was talking about with nylon

i meant neon(lights) lol... whoopsy

it would be cool if they come out with the service much cheaper...and most of those games are classics and some of the best selling of all time. I prob wont get one either, at least untill they drop the price after a year or two