Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Anteworld

"Anteworld* is a world-building game on a massive true-to-life scale of our planet. Returning aboard an interstellar colonizer ship built in the Golden Age of Mankind, players arrive on the planet earth to discover civilization and humanity vanished. They will have to rebuild the civilization - exploring, fighting, and competing for resources while searching for clues to the disappearance of humanity."

Source: http://www.outerra.com/forum/index.php?topic=637.0

c1.jpg

I cannot explain to you how surprisingly accurate this "game" is so far. Due to it's remarkable realism, the game feels like it'd almost be something along the lines of Garry's Mod meets Spore. It's free to play around with, and it's almost breathtakingly beautiful. The environmental controls are really intricate, allowing you to adjust things as detailed as the rayleigh scattering for atmospheric coloring.

This is a game you'll definitely want to keep an eye on throughout its development for sure.

the graphics just look amazing

Best game I'm seen in forever :o

I totally plan to get it once it come out regardless of whether my comp can run it.

Wow, that engine. So many cool games in alpha currently, can't wait for them to be fully developed. :)

So I showed this to a few of my gamer friends and all the kept saying is "What is this... all this is some guy looking at grass"....

I dont think they realize how fricken awesome that engine looks like..... Like so realistic.

Yeah, until now I always wondered why this hadn't been done before. I guess they don't realize the subtle things that go into creating an environment in a game. The fact that this has things like Rayleigh Scattering is already amazing. When the sun rises or sets it's almost breathtaking.