Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Ghoztcraft aquires "ghoztcraft.com"

Hi everyone! Good news!

Over the last 4 years or so I have been keeping a close eye on this domain and waiting for the right time to jump on it. I realize at this point it doesn't have too much monetary value, but I figured I'd get it for sentimental reasons. I'm sure there are people who to do this still type it by accident. The DNS is propagating now, you should be able to start using it within the next 24 hours.

So, we now have "Ghoztcraft.com", "Ghoztcraft.net" and "Ghoztcraft.org", but I am keeping the .net domain as our primary.

thumbsup.gif

Edit: Also managed to secure this.

• Like 2

Yay? lol

Congrats man, took you long enough XD

• Like 1

dat 301 redirect.

Nice acquisition! I'm still waiting on Madav.com, lady wont email me back for me to buy it D:

Finally got it from Xeno?

• Like 2

Finally got it from Xeno?

OMG, fuck that guy, lol. Hah! Good times though.

Hahaha he's the one that still had it this whole time? XD

Hahaha he's the one that still had it this whole time? XD

No no, he never had THAT. He just stole everything else. threaten.gif

Basically.. here's what happened:

I created this website when I was 15 (ish), and I had no idea what the difference between a .com and .net was. I wanted to be "cool" and so I got the .net domain. Then some ad agency bought the .com and start making money off my domain from all the people typing it wrong out of habbit. So I tried to buy it (this was in 2009/2010), but they wanted over $1000 for it, so I gave up.. and I setup a back order to keep track of it. It went up for auction for $500 and I talked them down to around $100 and just went for it. Lessen, learned. smile3.gif

I created this website when I was 15 (ish), and I had no idea what the difference between a .com and .net was. I wanted to be "cool" and so I got the .net domain.

.net is way cooler.

Not as cool as .info though.

Awesome news for Ghoztcraft. I don't think I ever heard the story about the Ghoztcraft.com domain name.

Wow familiar faces I thought I'd never see again. I never heard the story of the Ghoztcraft.com domain name either way before my time.

Perfect example, I took this screenshot in 12/10/06.

SCScrnShot_112506_204743.png

I did not own the .com at this time.

8)

That's awesome! Congrats smile.gif

Edit: Question. What happened to the wiki? That had a good amount of Starcraft hacking history in it, and now it just 403's.

• Like 1

That's awesome! Congrats smile.gif

Edit: Question. What happened to the wiki? That had a good amount of Starcraft hacking history in it, and now it just 403's.

It was overrun with spam and bots bogging down the server so I disabled it.

Congratulations on the acquisition!!

Hopefully it will soon pay for itself ;)