Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Happy Holidays from Ghoztcraft!

Hello everyone!

189654-hd.jpg

Took the image from Blizzard.

It's been a while! I hope you're all doing well. I thought I would chime in here just to say hi bye.gifand give everyone a chance to reconnect with old friends. The site hasn't been very active over the last few years, and that's my fault, I know. I created the site nearly 10 years ago and, wow, time flies! I had a moment to post this topic today and I wanted to wish everyone a merry christmas happy holidays and see how many of you are still around. I imagine I will keep the site online for a long time, so feel free to poke around and say hi every now and again!

In the evenings, I am somewhat active on a Steam if anyone wants to contact me here, my username is "XGhozt". I'm also playing World of Warcraft in the evenings (although I'm not very active), you can PM me if you want to join in (Doomhammer US server) for my screen-name.

I've been busy living life and working hard as a full time web developer now (have been for almost 5 years). I've got a few side projects, but for the most part that's what's been keeping my busy. Back in the day, we all had plenty of time to sit around on Ghoztcraft and play games all day! I miss those days!

So, how's everyone doing?

• Like 1

Hey man! Glad to hear from ya thanks for the email announcement.

I'm still around. I am the Technology Coordinator at a small magnet school in a large city. Still playing games, building computers and doing all the fun stuff.

I am CptJackPianoMan on League of Legends and sc.nickf on Steam.

Merry Christmas!

I miss the game hacking scene :(

• Like 1

Indeed, it has been a surprisingly long amount of time. Even I've graduated Bachelors of Science in computer science and have started working as a Java EE (Spring Framework) / Android dev at some smaller firm. What's up with that, me being a working man? Never would have imagined :D

I still play Starcraft 2 from time to time, but I never got past Gold. It's quite disappointing, actually, but that's okay.

Happy holidays to all :D

p.s.: I miss the Army System and the market, that was the best.

p.p.s.: I wonder why I have so many negative points, haha. Oh well.

• Like 2

Indeed, it has been a surprisingly long amount of time. Even I've graduated Bachelors of Science in computer science and have started working as a Java EE (Spring Framework) / Android dev at some smaller firm. What's up with that, me being a working man? Never would have imagined :D

I still play Starcraft 2 from time to time, but I never got past Gold. It's quite disappointing, actually, but that's okay.

Happy holidays to all :D

p.s.: I miss the Army System and the market, that was the best.

p.p.s.: I wonder why I have so many negative points, haha. Oh well.

Glad to see you're doing well!

Yeah! The Army System was pretty fun. >.<

I've been meaning to learn some java and make an Android app, thought it would be fun.

hey there! gigi here (from terraria :P)

i guess none of you even remember me but still ill just update you what's up with me for the last few years.

in a nutshell:

finished school with great grades

about to join the army (Mandatory service) will be wearing uniforms n boots already by march

barely playing, mostly working, busy in life.

i miss the good old times in terraria's roleplay server and everyone :)

• Like 1

Sup guys!

Shit, I joined this site when I was like 13 or something. I should graduate with a computer science degree this spring.

Good times on this site. Definitely miss the army system and the arcade lol.

-Zander

Edit, my chocolate rain avatar is gone D:

• Like 2

It's been awhile. Some good times and some bad times since my departure. Glad to see many people are doing well though.

I've been meaning to learn some java and make an Android app, thought it would be fun.

It's a good time to learn since they just released Android Studio 1.0. I've been meaning to get into it as well. Just been poking around with it lately.

• Like 2

Holy damn, it's been forever. Happy holidays everybody!

Just graduated and started work as a mechanical engineer, so that's taking up most of my time. I still find the time to game some here and there though. :P

• Like 1

Good to hear from so many! Awesome that most of you been working on your education!

• Like 1

It has been a while old friend! Many many years ago I joined this adventure with you but my time was short. (Very very short) School kept me busy and now I'm out and about as a Cyber Security Analyst with an Information Technology undergraduate degree and a masters of business administration graduate degree. I play a few custom games on Starcraft 2 everyone now and then. I enjoy some TD if I can find a few hours to spare. I hope all is well and happy holidays!

• Like 2

Hey! What a nice turnout! So nice to hear from everyone! :blush2:

I forgot what it was like to eagerly check my Ghoztcraft email inbox waiting for people to post on the forums. :sweat:

• Like 1

Ahhhh I missed the train a little bit on this shebang!

It's been... 6 years since I've joined! When I joined I was going into my freshman year in highschool... Hahaha that's crazy to think about. Life's been good! I'm a junior at college right now, majoring in Biochemistry and German. Planning on going to law school and do patent law. I don't even own starcraft 2 (It really is terrible, I know), but I do play modded Minecraft usually on breaks, and DotA 2 every so often.

Add me on Steam/LoL. My username is joshjayk.

• Like 1

Merry Christmas all. I am doing well. I am going to be finishing up my bachelors in 2016 for criminal justice. Social life is doing alright. my family life right now seems to be a bit of a stressful time with my mother being very sick and all. But I keep chugging through and I keep doing what I need to do.

I am glad everyone is doing well and I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season and be safe! Good to see some old faces around here. :D

• Like 1

Anyone still in touch with Monkey? Anyone know if he is still alive? Last time I spoke with him was a few years ago and he was very ill. I know some of us skyped back in the day so I was wondering if any of you are still in contact with him.

• Like 1

Happy Holidays everyone. Nothing new is really going on with me at the moment. I think I'm basically doing the same stuff now as when I first joined GC. definitely miss the army system and the arcade. especially when we made the starcraft version. Sorry to hear about your mom cripp.

I usually only play LoL or some old game from back in the day that I still enjoy.

I always thought I'd reach 5000 post then retire from GC so I guess I have to stick around.

• Like 1

Happy Holidays everyone. Nothing new is really going on with me at the moment. I think I'm basically doing the same stuff now as when I first join GC. definitely miss the army system and the arcade. especially when we made the starcraft version. Sorry to hear your mom cripp.

I usually only play LoL or some old game from back in the day that I still enjoy.

I always thought I'd reach 5000 post then retire from GC so I guess I have to stick around.

Hah, right, 400 to go. :ph34r:

Hello all, I am quite late to the party with this one! I personally have been very busy. I was accepted into a special program at a university to complete a bachelors in digital forensics. It's pretty special because there only I think 3 programs like this in the U.S. It's very demanding as you can imagine though, and I've had to pay and arm and a leg for the initial out of state tuition. It will be worth it though as the degree is fairly new and pays bank.

I'm happy to see that everyone is doing well and sticking in there. I'm sorry to hear about your mom as well Cripp, best wishes. I can't believe I joined Ghoztcraft my junior or senior year of high school. I basically never game anymore, but I have somewhat recently tested some of my old hacks for SC that I made (some of which are my good ones for Snipers that I never released ;p) and was surprised to find that they still worked lol

P.s. Anyone hear from Jiggie anymore?

I can't believe how long it's been or how much things have changed. It's so strange looking back on it. I remember XGhozt's geocities website when he posted it on.... uh that one website that not goes by a different name now (can't recall)... Anyways I remember liking the community of this website sooooo much better than any of the other gaming communities at the time. I never liked posting on forums, Ghoztcraft was the only forum I was ever active in (even though I wasn't that active).

My gaming days are pretty much over :( . I'll be graduating with a B.S. in Biology and starting a PhD program in Genomics/Bioinformatics in the Fall.

I miss lurking around this forums.

• Like 1

I Dropped out of high school at 16 back in 2006 to get my GED. I graduated with an undergraduate in information technology about 6 years ago . I've been trying ever since to get a job. Lately, I've applied to Burger king , Macdonalds , and Wendy's as a cook. Depressing? Yeah. Then again, if we all were to stand next to each other I'd stick out like a sore thumb due to "complexion issues" and other similar reasons as stated by multiple hiring managers. Glad everyone is doing well because I'm tired of life.

Edited by PwNaGeJuIcE

I Dropped out of high school at 16 back in 2006 to get my GED. I graduated with an undergraduate in information technology about 6 years ago . I've been trying ever since to get a job. Lately, I've applied to Burger king , Macdonalds , and Wendy's as a cook. Depressing? Yeah. Then again, if we all were to stand next to each other I'd stick out like a sore thumb due to "complexion issues" and other similar reasons as stated by multiple hiring managers. Glad everyone is doing well because I'm tired of life.

Don't rule out government work. Federal, state, county, and city are often hiring and they're a little less likely to fret over complexion. Google "new york state jobs" or "california state jobs". For federal check out usajobs.gov Be willing to leave your home town. Your competing for a local job with someone across the country so you need to be flexible as well. Apply continuously and expect that many will never reply. Don't be afraid to fluff your resume a little but be prepared to talk to each point.

• Like 2

:cookie?:/> Ho Ho HO, around the corner, of course after we give thanks with Thanks Giving.! Rotisserie style this year. Hope it works Out