Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

My Brood War CD broke into pieces!!

ok...my starcraft disc got stuck and my cd-rom drive couldnt open!i pried it open and i couldnt believe my ****ing eyes!!!MY STARCRAFT DISC WAS IN PEICES!!!!! >.< so know im picking them out so they arent jammed...wish me luck :)

no its wus alrdy broken and i had to use a butterknife too open it enough so i can pull it out and there wus just pieces i was "holy shit" and now i gotta take the covers off and try to get this shit out

I think I know what happened:

THere must have been a crack in the cd already, playing the game makes the cd spin faster. So, with that said, if there was a small crack all it would need to do was spin very fast. Thus shattering it in side, which it what made it get jammed.

This is what I sujust doing...

Open up the computer and unscrew the cd drive, turn of the computer when the cd drive is open, and then open the computer and unplug the cd drive, it should slite out. By out I dont mean slid into the computer I mean it should ealy be pulled from the front. (assuaming you got ALL the screw on the drive) Then, dont chhake it like mad, but just jiggle a little on top of your desk, if you have one of those computer blowing thingy, use that to blow the peices out with air..

Understand? I hope your not sticking you nife into the cd drive.. lol

lol i wus using twesers lol but i got some but theres some BIG pieces in there that ima have to get out....:sign12:

Guest Lord-Bren

uou know there is a little hole in the front of most cd drives that when you put a pin in the cd drive just pops out power or no power.

just filling you in on that

but sounds like in you're case that it would not work

No, its not the fact that i doesnt respond... Before, it was trying to open, but was jammed. Now, i suggest doing what X said, dont go in and pry things out, you'll break something. Jiggle it, and then use a airsol, and if you dont have one, try SLOWLY pulling it out with pliers.

*Note* You should've used the No-cd.

yeah unscrew the disk drive, then pull open the slot, the disk holder inside should move down letting go of the rest of the disk, some pieces might be stuck in between the bottom oif the drive abnd the top.

Hmm ... since Sc is too godly to blame, you'll have to blame you computer for uh ... tearing your game to pieces. I wonder if you could send the pieces in and get a replacement =)

April. This is OLD... Ugh. This is why i hate the 5 post count!

Mod, Close?