Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

[1.13e] A collection of macros

File Name :: A collection of macros

Author :: Unknown

Category :: 1.13e

Description ::

Starcraft Macros<br><br>This dossier will teach you how to install and use some macros I have written for Starcraft in AutoHotKey. Although I will not be teaching how to make your own, AutoHotKey has very good documentation and I strongly encourage people to write their own and especially improve mine. To learn these scripts I recommend trying them out in a practice game as you read what they do in the details section so that you do not become overwhelmed.<br><br>Overview of Macros<br><br>All macros do nothing unless you are in a game of Starcraft<br>Tab key = shift deselect first unit in group<br>Left Windows key = select all units on screen<br>F1 = cycle through a group of units casting the same command but at individual targets (example: lockdown 12 battlecruisers with 6 ghosts at 200 energy in 3 keyboard presses and 12 clicks)<br>F5-F8 = Hot key groups of buildings for mass production, without using any real hotkeys<br>` and middle mouse button = issue commands to a group of hotkeys, useful for moving large armies or building units from hotkeyed buildings<br>Mouse wheel down = build worker / select larva<br>F12 = toggle swap P and Q keys<br>Installation<br><br>Tab<br><br>Makes 'cloning' a whole lot easier and faster. It works by just shift clicking a unit icon and returning mouse to original position. Most useful for doing things like sending workers to different patches at the beginning or making scourges attack separate targets.<br><br>Left Windows key<br><br>I admit it isn't very useful to select everything on the screen, but it is very very bad to accidently hit this key so it is good to just bind it to something. It works by just dragging a box across the screen and returning the mouse.<br>F1<br><br>Very useful for spell casters. To use, press F1, then the hotkey of the spell casters, then the key for the spell, now everywhere you left click that spell will be cast, cycling through the units in this group. Right click to cancel this mode. It will remember where you left off in the cycle if you use it again. If it selects a unit that does not have enough energy, it will detect this and goto the next unit, but it takes 0.15 seconds to do this.<br>F5-F8<br><br>If you have many many buildings late in the game, it isn't feasible to hotkey them all, but it still would be nice to be able to macro like mad very quickly.<br>There 4 modes of this script and 4 separate hotkeys, F5, F6, F7, F8<br>Let X=5, 6, 7, or 8:<br>Fx, backspace : this resets what buildings are in group Fx<br>Fx, right click : this sets a rally point for all buildings in group Fx to where the mouse is<br>Fx, any letter: this builds the corresponding unit at all buildings in the group Fx<br>Fx, click, click, click, ..., right click : this teaches the script where the buildings are. Since no hotkeys are to be used we must show it where the buildings are by clicking on the minimap then clicking on the buildings, this way it knows exactly how to get to your buildings no matter where you are. You may click on the minimap again to add buildings at distant locations. It is important not to scroll while clicking the buildings, but you can scroll around by dragging the mouse on the minimap. Right click to escape this mode. Note you can build units as you select these buildings. Also if you do not make your first click on the minimap this mode is just escaped. A side effect of building units or setting rally points is that you screen position at F4 is used to remember where you were before the you started building units. Zerg players do not need to press s first. A pitfall of this method is that if someone is hovering units over your buildings it may fail to select the building. Just play around with it, its alot simpler than it sounds and it should be intuitive.<br>*Remember to clear F5, F6, F7, F8 with backspace before each game<br><br>` and middle mouse button<br><br>(each is a separate group of groups)<br>This just takes a command and does it to all hotkey groups that you want.<br>To tell it which groups hold ` or middle mouse button and press the numbers 0-9 that you want to be included. To issue a command hold the ` or middle mouse button and issue the command (either a key like 'h' for hold position, or 'z' to build zealots, or right click to move/set rally, or left click to attack move) If you do not press any 0-9 first it uses your groups from last time. I recommend using ~ with stuff like 12345 for unit movements and middle mouse button with 67890 for unit building. For zerg, if the building is a hatchery and you press a letter, it automatically selects larva first.<br><br>Mouse wheel down<br><br>Builds a probe / SCV / select larva<br>Works by pressing F3 then clicking in the center of the screen then clicking the top left icon, then returns screen position using F4. What is nice about this is you do not have to initialize it and it doesn't use up a hotkey. Due to the way it works if your start location is right next to an edge, your command center won't be in the center of the screen and thus this script will not work. Luckily most of the time the minerals are against the edge, not the building, so it will work.<br>F12<br><br>Press to toggle the swapping of P and Q keys useful for protoss pylons and probes. This will take a while to get used to, but it is worth it. Thanks to freelander for the idea.<br>Is this cheating?<br><br>I am sure there will be debate about this, so here is my take. It makes some things take less skill, just like a map hack would, but there are two major differences between this and a map hack. One, it does not alter Starcraft in any way nor does it access Starcraft memory. All it does is simulate mouse and keyboard input. Second, unlike a maphack this does not make the game less interesting or subtract from strategy. In my opinion all it does is implement features that should have been in Starcraft in the first place. In addition this is freely available, so it gives everyone an equal chance to use it, therefor there are no unfair advantages.<br>TODO<br><br>This is a work in progress and there are many things more it could do that I have not done nor will I probably ever get around to. I will accept feedback and try to fix bugs. If you can think of a new macro that would be useful, send to me and I might implement it. Please if you make any enhancements, send them to me at [email protected] and I will be sure to include it in the latest version as well as credit you for your work.<br>Things todo:<br>-Rebind capslock to control (I use another program for this that I have been using for a long time, very useful for everything, not just SC)<br>-Mass unload on self for multiple dropships while moving, I tried this using ctrl-c to center on a unit so I could just click on the center of the screen, but the center is randomly off a little so it didn't work wery well.<br>-Experimenting more with delays, delays are needed otherwise it might think that two really fast clicks are actually a click and drag, this variables probably vary from computer to computer, and there is always a compromise between speed and consistency.<br>-Pixel color auto learn<br>-Maybe make a hotkey to 'start the game' aka send workers to separate mineral patches and delete F5-8<br>-Build units problem, randomize or detect if stuff is already being built. Currently one drawback of the macros to build units is if you don't have enough minerals or supply, only the earlier selected buildings will make units. Since the order is the same every time this can result in one building being queued up while others do nothing.

View File

very interesting post.. cant see the file though. The "View File" link takes me back to the home page.

very interesting post.. cant see the file though. The "View File" link takes me back to the home page.

Grats on your first post.

holy_necroposting_batman.jpg

LOL

And is there any chance to get this macro? :pirate: Can't someone upload it again? I like AutoHotkey and those ideas of macros are really cool, it would be nice to see how they are written :ermm:

BUMP

if anyone has this file pls host it!

this would help anyone learning to code for autohotkey

I think... if anyone was ever going to host this file that they would've hosted it by now considering this was first created in 2005. Nice necro though! :P