Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Ps3 Sucks

you can't say the graphics will be on par when the disks are going to hold 50 gigs. And you are foolish to think that they would come out with different levels of processors. Thats just crazy talk that you can't provide proof for.

http://news.spong.com/article/10210?cb=549

Japanese site PC Watch managed to snag an interview with PS3 head honcho Ken Kutaragi, who hinted to them - in a round-about kind of way - that the PS3 may well get regular hardware upgrades in the future, mentioning the possibility of a Blu-ray disk writer amongst other add-ons.

Kutaragi stresses the Sony company line throughout the interview, which is that the PS3 is a computer (i.e. not just a videogame system) and should be considered as such: "Speaking about the PS3, we never said we will release a game console… It is radically different from the previous PlayStation. It is clearly a computer... there are no 'models,' only 'configurations'…We're trying to make that clear ...we think it would be okay to [expand] the configuration once a year. Dell would do that, as well as even Apple."

Kutaragi continued: "Lowering costs is important but more important is its capacity to evolve. I think the HDD will gain in capacity. If a new technology gets into mainstream PCs, the PS3 will have to adopt it as well. Maybe the Blu-ray drive will become writable."

All interesting stuff, and some even might say a slight about-turn in strategy for Sony, who could be accused of following Microsoft’s lead in offering an upgradeable computer to put beneath your telly, instead of a mere games console.

What do you reckon? What do you think you’ll be using as your all-encompassing games and entertainment media hub this time next year? Get thee to the forum now!

I love PS2, I've always been a PlayStation fan. Xbox is cool, but IMO I like Sony more, so my vote is for the PS3.

The PS3 could be $2000 and it still wouldn't be too expensive. Thats because the price reflects the technology. Compare computer prices to game console prices, or compare game consoles to MP3 players. If all these things are not worth their price then we would be in such economical dissasters such as inflation. Plus, the major concept that is being said that only the children won't listen to, THEY ARE LOSING MONEY ON THE SYSTEM. If you make them lose enough money guess what, no more systems. If your so concentrated on buying a product then you shouldn't be hoping that the maker is gonna go out of business.

If blu-ray was writable that would be freaking crazycool...

You guys remember like 10 years ago when people were saying the same thing about DVD's and only the rich people had one? Tech always goes in cycles.

just admit it...blu-ray was a bad move

Ps3 sucks, one, they are downgrading the controller because they got sued by the man who made the rumble in the controllor so there wont be anymore vibrations. two, the ps3 is way overpriced. three people have only seen demos of games and havent actually played games on Ps3. While on Xbox 360, halo 3 is coming out and oblivion is already out. 2 of the best games out. Then all the wireless connection and usb ports so you can do much more, plus xbox live which is much better then ps3's online shit will be....basically the ps3 may look better but it sucks in all other aspects to the xbox 360.

sony's excuse for not putting in rumble is that is interferes with the motion control. check this out: http://www.gamesradar.com/us/ps3/game/news...87%A7ionId=1006

Lol, their excuse is funny. The whole 'motion sensing' part of the control is probably 1/2 inch squared. The real reason is because they got their ass handed to them by stealing the software they used to interface with their rumble controllers. I think they lost like 600mil or something, I forgot the exact number. I remember seeing them lose the law suit.

Sony had to stop production on their rumble controllers. That's why Mad Catz and others took over the controller market so completely.

Edited by Gamepin126

nah, i beleive they are still making rumble controllers and sony is still battling immersion (the company that owns the patent to the rumble tech that sony uses). i dont know alot of this stuff, but something like sony sent numerious appeals, and if this one doesnt work or something, they have to pay up. they have to pay immersion a certain amount of money, and they cant sell any rumble controllers, or any games that use the rumble. again, this is just what i heard and could be wrong.

sig_image.JPG

Edited by Poply

I mother ****ing hate mad catz, every conbtroller I've ever gotten from them has either exploded, or just died, or spazed out completely

I mother ****ing hate mad catz, every conbtroller I've ever gotten from them has either exploded, or just died, or spazed out completely

To tell you the truth, I always turn the rumble shit off. Its gay now. It was cool when it first came out for Psone and N64, but now it is played out...

Second of all oblivion was not that great of a game.

Lastly blu-ray was not a bad idea at all. They wanted to make it a media center, and in the end they will see if it helped them.

To tell you the truth I am glad that they put the Blu-ray in because that way I don't have to go buy a blu-ray player.

To tell you the truth I am glad that they put the Blu-ray in because that way I don't have to go buy a blu-ray player.

buying

a bluray player would have been so dumb...:|

and why is that? because it is going to be the cutting edge of tech for movies?

psh...the wii has rumble

Because Nintendo know what they're doing, and created the original motion sensor, unlike Sony who had to like steal a key to the patent office, and couldn't even read the plans correctly.

I don't even care about rumble anymore, when it first came out it was cool, now most of the time I turn it off unless it is one of those games like Table tennis where you kind of need it to figure out what you are doing.

I don't even care about rumble anymore, when it first came out it was cool, now most of the time I turn it off unless it is one of those games like Table tennis where you kind of need it to figure out what you are doing.

you are just being a cow

rumble was a gaming innovation whether u admit it or not, and the loss of it is in no means good.

rumble was a gaming innovation whether u admit it or not, and the loss of it is in no means good.

i miss rumble on the wavebird :)