Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

God & Christianity

Well, this is a very touchy subject for most, and I am here to post my opinion on it all, and you can post yours. Please be as minimally flaming as possible to avoid offending anyone. I am a confirmed Catholic just FYI, so I still believe in my faith dispite your protest.

I believe there is a God, I believe he had a human form whom he called his son, Jesus, and I believe there is a spiritual bond to this god called the Holy Spirit.

I believe in the bible. But alot of it, espesially the old testimant, is stuff that was made up to help people understand. I mean common, try explaining cells and atoms to somone 3000 years ago. Also, how do you think the universe came about? The big bang right? Well hmmm a bunch of dust formed a giant nebula, slowly began to fuse together, and exploded! The bits and peices of the explosion are what make up our universe. Where did this dust come from? Did matter form from nothing, defying all logic and physics? Doubtfull, I know there is a higher force for this reason.

I am unsure if i believe in the Eucharist, its hard to imagine you are eating and drinking flesh and blood, that is really bread and wine. But then you hear about Eucharistic maricals and you totally get blown away.

About satan, and demonics, I believe there is a devil and that he is pure evil. I know the devil is not in the scaring business, because that would stop him from making you stray from god. He will lead you astray into sin, where you will be lost until you can find yourself. As for demonic posetion, I think it is crack pot shit meant to scare people into becoming religious.

I will give my opinions...I hope that I do not offend anyone.

I do not believe there is a god. I am agnostic. I do not practice any religion, but went to catholic church growing up. My family is Italian american. I have red many teachings of all of the major religions. I am a very logical thinker and I guess I went on a quest for the truth, or my perception of it. I do not fault anyone for their beliefs am do not judge them for it, just as I would hope they would do for me. Many things in the christian bible i find contradictory. If people want to ask I will go into detail later. I believe that the scientific findings over the past century have been too big of clues how things came about to be earth as we know it. The findings of evolution prove too great of arguments to the contrary of religion. I belive when religions were being formed, that they were a way for people to group together to support eachother. The world was a scary place for them those days and did not have the answers and what was happening around them. People lived way shorter lives, and there were so many uncharched things in the world. Disease was abundant. I would also like to add that I do not believe in satan and more than I believe in god. I don't believe you go to heaven, or hell. Again I am not telling my opinions to fault any one persons beliefs.

Then I have a problem with the logical questions for me....I mean if god is some ultimate being, why did he have a human son? God touched a virgin and she became pregnant? I am very skeptical of these since it is against everything that we know now. I am also skeptical of adam eating an apple and that is why men have adams apples. Even more so about god making a woman from a rib. I could go on and on but i will hold off for other peoples posts on the issue.

I live life I guess more of the beliefs of buddah, but again I am not into organized religion of any sort. I live life abiding by karma. I treat people like I would want to be treated, and try to be the best person I can be.

i preffer to think our universe is simply an experiment, or simply an accident that is somewhere on a being's shelf fermenting and ocassionally that being checks back on our universe "bubble" and see's whats going on in it. in this way, the being that we reffer to as god is simply another being that exists somewhere else instead of in our imaginations... either that or i subscribe to the philote and outspace theory

I also would say that if jesus came to save the earth from its sins, why hasn't he resurected yet? I mean a lot of shitty shit has happend the past couple thousand years...I also have a hard time believing that a person could part the red sea, or that jesus walked on water and turned water into wine..

i think god works through science (even through evolution)

i think that poply has a point, hehe the "being" i was mentioning earlier that has our universe sitting on a shelf as an experiment is probably a possibility :)

that is cool that you guys believe that. I just think too logically to believe in a lot of what is written in the bible.

I my self am not religous. I look to science and more solid evidence. Yet, there are things that science cannot explain.

Here is where we get into the discussion:

Who created the universe?

God did

Who created god?

some people might say he was always here or, he created himself but looking at it from a scientific point of view it is hard to believe...then again the whole universe was created from a single small molecule aka "the big bang" (even this is hard to believe)

The way I look at is if you cna show me solid proof I will be more then happy to accept.

heh, come back to in 1,000 years and we may have an answer.

I dont know if I belive in a God. There are so many good and bad points I could argue with my self for ever.

God brings a hope in people, but when their hope turns bad they blame it on them selves and thing it happened for a reason. I dont belive in chance, so Id have to say they had the comming before they started.

I dont belive that we have a set plan in our life. But I do belive that we chose a way we want to go. Then on that path there is only so many ways to chose from and so on. So in a way God could "guid" you. But its ultimatly up to you, and talkinmg to "god" is just liek thinking it out slowing and comeing to the right dicision.

The bible is crazy. Who ever made that must have been a God, becuase no matter what line you open up to it applies to you. Wait a minet isnt that how forten tells work? They make you tell them have the story and then guess on what most likly happend. Making you tell them the rest of the story confirming it. Then they can tell you what will most likly happen. But then your going to make that happen becuase your expecting that. But what the fortun teller said was so broud that it could have applies to a homeless person.

So, was the bible writter to explain things that where unexplainable at the time? Do people still read it becuase they dont belive that we where here on accident? Or does it just give a sence that you have someone/something there when you have no firnds who care about you but the ones who read it with you. Unless tjhat fammily, but then sometimes you all think the same anything, thats why your maried right? Or it could be just becuase they want to support you no matter what. The bible has been re-witten like 500 times now. Who knows what the hellr eally happened.

What makes it so beliveable is that so many people belive in it. That guilty contuos you "here' WHen you fuck up is "god" talking to you right? Or the time when you didnt know what thing to pick but it turned out being the right one, but then you remember asking for his help when you needed it. What about when you dont need it? Do you still pray. That could be the people who you spend time around you rubbing off. They make the right disition depending on what they thingk is right. If you where never to talk to someone your entire life, would you still thinkt he same of belive in a god, or would you try to find and answer and look at the cell on that bugs leg?

Im tired ill type more later..

i dont beielvei in anything

accept reincarnation of lost souls

when someone dies their soul is released into the world

the soul searches for an empty body ready to be born to inhabit

the reason nobody can rememebr any previous lives though is because the brain contains all of the memoeries and the brain rots in the last body

No I have no religion at all

I came around to beleive by usign a some-what scientific theory

and I belive the big bang happened

Everything was a clutter of matter that exploded and expanded and formed

god cannot exist as he defies all laws of science

I also hope i did not offend anyone

and if i did, o well, just my beliefs

My mom is buddhist...but she "converted" to catholic...but still does all that buddhist stuff...

Dad is catholic..doesnt go to church

Grandpa almost became a priest

But for me?...i dont wanna say im atheist...but i guess im just not religious..dont know if i believe in anything...

But i think this whole religion thing in the government and how people complain about something like "In God We Trust"....well most of the American population is religious and have good morals...so it would kind of be right to have it there...

God brings hope to most of the people in this world...but i guess for people who arent religious like me never grasped on to that....but there no reason people like me should be revolting and crap

Most people that believe in god believe in him as a being who over rules the universe and so on. Others believe god was simply just the first spark of life in the solar system. The idea that this one thing sparked another and another so on and so forth.

Religion was originally created to have a control over people. To keep people in line and afraid to cause trouble. But it has evolved and changed over the years into something that is both good and bad. It is the cause of much violence as well as the cause of much peace and love.

Overall I think Religion is a good thing. Most people out there need that security in their lives. But whatever works for you is what is real and true. :P

I belive in God, bcuz how can u explain the demoniac spirits, the demoniac possesions, the bad spirits, the witches, the demons, the people that claims that they were witches and they metamorf in reavens or shit like that, the sorcerers that really can read u ur future by their own ways or through the cards, how u explain the quija. If there is evil things or an evil must be a good, must be a God.

And why do u care if the human cames from the monkey or how was formed the universe or other things like that, the only that matters is the message, that u be good, dont kill people, dont steal, dont do bad things, love ur semejants, believe in God, go to church.

Yet, the science cannot know or understand alot of things and they never do, bcuz we r just simple humans, we cannot understand the power, knowledge, or the ways that God work.

There r alot of religions that r full of crap like the new age, is just bullshit that the human made for live simple, the catholic religion too they pray infront of images, they pray to Maria, to their saints, and go to confess to a priest, they have their pope that has different names that u can call him and the names r a blasfemy agaisnt God, like "Sumo Pontifice" dunno the english traduction, but it means like hes the maximum that he has all the power, and only God can do anything, and is a blasfemy call other person like that. How can a priest forgive

for the bad things that u do, I mean hes a human he has no power over u, nor hes and intermediary.(dont mean to offend any1). But there r also hypocrite bad pastors that the only they wants is becoming rich by the money of their congregancy.

This is only my though.

Alot of question about the life, God, the universe, why we r here, still without an answer and maybe we never get it but maybe their beauty is that those question doesnt have answers.

there may be a god... but many of the people who belive in him shouldnt even belive in him at all... they are so wrong and so fucking stupid and hypocrites thats a what ive seen in almost everyone with a religion they dont practice anything that they preech... anyway i would really like to see some major proof that there is a god

te he its fun to fuck with completley ignorant retards on sc when they start preeching to you...

This is a good thread we need more like these. Anywho.....

I beleive that there is a being out there that some people refer to as God. I wasn't raised in religion and any religious aspect i have picked up are my own thoughts and interpretations. I beleive there was a human who was named jesus.

Whether or not he did all the miraculous things he is known for is questionable. Mostly for the reason that it's just not feasable because no one has ever seen anything like it before. It's all Heresay, so to speak.

My main reason for beleiving in religion is for the sheer fact that it is comforting. I know with the passing of my grandmother. It would have been alot harder not thinking that she was going to a better place and would be looking down on me. It's comforting thinking that. Having her cremated also helps because i do strongly beleive that we have souls and when we die the soul and memories are the only things not left behind.

What is the point of getting burried? Putting the body in the ground in an expensive cascet and getting a stone in there memory. To me, I just don't see the point other then a finacial buisness. Look at how much it costs to have a funeral. Honestly I can see how it could bring closure to some. I really can but please also consider my thoughts. To me you are always able to have the memories and don't need a grave to remember the person. Also I understand that if the persons wishes were to have a funeral then by all means respect their wishes. In my case my grandmother wanted to be cremated and that makes the most sence to me. If she wanted a funeral we would have had a funeral no questions asked. I think in most cases this is probbly the scenario in that you respect there wishes.

I know it's a sad/selfish way to look at it that way but look at our society and how money driven it is.

I appologize that that last paragraph kinda went off topic but it did relate to the paragraph befor hand regarding the soul.

heres something to think about

if there was really a heaven and hell and God and the Devil and u lived ur life like they didnt exist and like sin didnt exist, u mite go 2 hell. but if there wasnt any of that and u still lived like heaven,hell, God, and the devil didnt exist u wouldnt lose anything. So in my opinion you would have nothing to lose if u lived ur life believing in heaven and hell. if they existed or not. but u would risk losing everything if they did exist and u lived a "sinful" life.

wow mite have been a little confusing...

I think if there is a God then I want to know and believe in him, cause if there is a God and I CHOOSE not to believe in him and go the Hell then that would be HELL!! As for the Bible it is the longest/oldest living book of knowledge in the world, and I have seen the most unbeleivable things happen from prayer and prayer alone. both simple and complex things. all we have to do is ask in to come into our hearts and he will be our friend, isn't that easy?

I hate you. ^

I think if there is a God then I want to know and believe in him, cause if there is a God and I CHOOSE not to believe in him and go the Hell then that would be HELL!! As for the Bible it is the longest/oldest living book of knowledge in the world, and I have seen the most unbeleivable things happen from prayer and prayer alone. both simple and complex things. all we have to do is ask in to come into our hearts and he will be our friend, isn't that easy?

not as easy as u make it out to be. also, im pretty sure there is a book older than the bible. from what i know (what ever little it may be) it was made 1600 years ago. the reason i dont beleive in god or chistianity is because there is no proof. its as simple as that. there is also quite a bit of contractions that would make the bible void.

She will say there is proof. Following with a alme example.

I hate you. ^

y??????????????? makin U think?

not as easy as u make it out to be. also, im pretty sure there is a book older than the bible. from what i know (what ever little it may be) it was made 1600 years ago. the reason i dont beleive in god or chistianity is because there is no proof. its as simple as that. there is also quite a bit of contractions that would make the bible void.

Do you know they have been trying to prove the Bible wrong forever? and they can't , recently like in the last few years..they have found places around the world that proved there was a great flood just the bible said, marks in the rocks and such.

we were born with the urge/desire/ hole in our hearts that searches for God. when you ask him in he will complete you :D