Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Ps2 Vs (gamecube Vs Xbox)

Ok so lets obliterate this arguement. Who won? In the end, only numbers matter. I have calculated the total sales for each platform based on all their games that sold at least 1 million copies. It is quite clear who won and pretty clear who came in second and who came in dead last. Here are the results...

PS2 421.55 mil

Gamecube 79.92 mil

Xbox 59.08 mil

Take that all you xbox lovers/gamecube haters... Congrats to all you who stood up for PS2... If you want to readd the results feel free to. The link is Game Sales. If you want to dispute that xbox wasn't out as long as the other 2 then compare Halo or Halo 2 sales to GTA: San Andreas sales for the PS2...

well i don't know about where you got your numbers from but everyone knows the ps2 was the best seller of the last generation

yeah...ps3 dominated....

and i already knew the cube beat the box because maybe like...1 xbox was sold in japan

I don't care how many games they sold. System Specs and game quality is all I care about. And in that sense, Xbox won. <_<

I don't care how many games they sold. System Specs and game quality is all I care about. And in that sense, Xbox won. :)

In that sense...no youre wrong :P

I don't care how many games they sold. System Specs and game quality is all I care about. And in that sense, Xbox won. ^_^

The popular games are the high quality games. The system is made to play the games, not the other way around. So on both counts that proves that the more games being sold shows the popularity of the system.

The popular games are the high quality games. The system is made to play the games, not the other way around. So on both counts that proves that the more games being sold shows the popularity of the system.

Halo...and....o yeah...thats it... >.<

LOL plain and simple the best system is the one who sold the most games and consoles, plain and simple. I liked the Ps2 the best. Mainly because there were so many awsome games that came out for it. Xbox was cool but does anyone remember how little good games it had in the beginning? It was bad. But in the end it was an awsome system.

ps2 had sooo many good games...xbox only had a few good games...and the cube had good games...but no buyers

Ps2 is the best! it has the best games!

-BEST SOCCER GAME(WE10)

-BEST ACTION/ADVENTURE GAME(GTA: SAN ANDREAS)

-BEST RACE GAME(NFSU2)

-BEST WAR GAME(MoH: EUROPEAN ASSAULT)

where'd you get those numbers? i know ps2 sold the most, but i doubt its around 400 mill. im also pretty sure xbox sold more than the GC. and number dont matter in my book, gameplay does. i wouldnt beleive a thing that jordan says, he still beleives KillZone2 trailer was real gameplay.

Hell, i dont give a shit so long as the games are good. The console itself isnt that spiffy, its just the games.

Ps2 is the best! it has the best games!

-BEST SOCCER GAME(WE10)

-BEST ACTION/ADVENTURE GAME(GTA: SAN ANDREAS)

-BEST RACE GAME(NFSU2)

-BEST WAR GAME(MoH: EUROPEAN ASSAULT)

best soccer game...not exclusive...

action adventure...GTA SA is overrated

racing game goes to fzero GX

war game goes to PC...haha

best soccer game...not exclusive...

action adventure...GTA SA is overrated

racing game goes to fzero GX

war game goes to PC...haha

You can have your opinions about which ones are the best, but please cataglorize GTA SA under it's better cataglory, which would be the Sandbox genre. Also, if someone doesn't trust my source, for some ungodly reason, then look up some numbers yourself then post them? This isn't a game of your wrong since I don't think your right, so stop acting like it.

grand theft auto is more action/adventure. there's also alot of talk about Microsoft buying rockstar, so dont be surprised if ps3 doesnt get gta4.

GTA is goin to xbox360

this is just a guess, but im willing to bet ur gunna show a (heavely) modded xbox.

this is just a guess, but im willing to bet ur gunna show a (heavely) modded xbox.

weee

By the way...I don't want any of that fanboy shit in this thread. I want facts. (my thread now bish) I own all 3 systems, so don't pull that bias shit on me.

PS2: If you want linux, you're going to need to buy a $150 dollar Linux kit(includes 40gb hdd methinks) and it's just a PS2 outdated distro of linux, and it's very good for anything other than debugging a game.

Only real thing PS2 has going for it, is it's franchises(know I spelled that wrong). From what I've seen, FFx is the only real thing going for the PS2 (graphics-wise)

Gamecube is capable of better graphics, since it's hardware is more powerful(don't argue with me, look it up) it's just that Nintendo sells out to the kiddies.

Xbox (hardware-wise) is the most powerful of the prev-gen consoles, awe at it's 64mb RAM and nVidia GeForce 4 card.

It has a built in HDD (no buy linux kit BS like PS2), which is easily modded through a gamesave exploit (or mod chips, but chips are for losers) offering completely free modding (except for the neccessary Action-Replay for the initial gamesave you download).

Xbox HDD's use a locking feature, which binds the HDD to the xbox making it hard to just copy files/swap HDD's in and out, for bigger ones. However, recent software(not really, 1-2 years old) allows that to not be a problem anymore.

Watching DVD's on PS2's sucks, all pixilated.

I've added a 200gb HDD, to my xbox. I have around 60 games on it, 29gb of music, and 4gb of images. I can connect to quicktime (through the xbox, no pc neccessary) and watch movie trailers. I haven't added a Linux distro yet, but I plan to put Debian on it sooner or later.

I have over 12k roms and 32 emulators. And my screensaver owns a PS2 all by itself.

I'm using the XBMC w/ MC360 skin, sooo secks.

Edited by Gamepin126

wow dude, there goes gamepin again w/ his kickass stuff >.<

By the way...I don't want any of that fanboy shit in this thread. I want facts. (my thread now bish) I own all 3 systems, so don't pull that bias shit on me.

Good job, your trying to take over my thread telling people to post the way that I'm already telling them to post. As for the stuff you listed for the systems; good facts... wrong thread. This thread is about game sales so a modded Xbox or Xbox 360 doesn't mean anything in this thread. If your gonna try to take control of the thread then start by talking about the topic.

Poply doesn't know anything about gaming whatsoever, and on top of that, he misguides anything that you ever have said to his own idea of "what a person says". He's kind of like Star Magazine in that respect.

What i did say is on the workup of Killzone that I saw the game looked pretty impressive, and that it is possible that the game could be close to what the trailer looks like. I said it was possible but not likely that it was real-time.

On top of that poply's ideas of most games comes from favortism, he refuses to look at anything with a unbiased opinion.

With that said, Xbox kind of caught up at the end, but ps2 was definatly the better system overal, more games, and better selection of good games. Gamecube wasn't even close to 2nd place.

u said the killzone 2 trailer shown at e3 05 was real time. idk how to make it any clearer or simpler so u cant misunderstand it. if ur gunna talk crap about me, do it in the flame section then maybe ill care.

LOL you were the one who started talking smack bro. And you act like you are saying a direct quote from me, thats what I have a problem with. Its all good other than that.