Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Power Supply

If the power turns on and quickly turns off, would it be the power supply huh? I resetted the bios already and the power still refuses to start up. It would flash up and then quickly turn off, can anyone be sure if it is the power supply?

try disconnecting your cd roms and floppy drive from the power supply then turn on the computer see what happens.

If it stays on then yes there is an issue with the power supply.

Can't think of what else would do it, you didn't mes with it while it was plugged in or something like that did you?

It might be a lose cable or broken hardware, such as the motherboard. Make sure allt he cables fit tightly and then install something to moniter the voltage on your computer. Get ASUSPROBE Its very nice. If its jumping up and down its the power supply.

Try another computer on the same outlet, or giggle the power cables on the OUTSIDE of the computer whits on and see if it shuts off, might be a busted cable as well. :D

Hmmm... turn everything in your house off but it :D

yeah first I'd try disconnecting the cd drives and such and seeing what happens after that. and if it is your power supply hehe better get a new one before you burn your house down or eletrocute yourself.

hmmm, i'll try and do what l337 H4X0r says, thnx a lot guyz.

I gues he means me but my name is virtus, ranking is 1337 H4X0r

Hmmm... turn everything in your house off but it :o

ummm, y turn off everything in the house when it's only the computer?

All you have to do is borrow someone elses PSU and test.

ummm, y turn off everything in the house when it's only the computer?

You turn off everything around the house because a house only gets so much power. I once turned on a lot of things in my room which caused the power switch for my sister’s room to flip

lol, thats funny, but I don't think that is hte problem, that sounds like a nique issue.

I know! "You require more minerals"

Wrong "You require more vespene gas"

It matters?