Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Ds Lite Sales

One of the hottest gadgets currently on the market is Nintendo's DS Lite, a redesigned version of the dual-screened handheld originally released in 2004. The portable has been scarce in Japan, where new shipments have been regularly selling out as gamers snatch them up.

America was introduced to the handheld this past Sunday, and it appears that DS Lite fever isn't confined just to Japan. Nintendo claims more than 136,500 DS Lites were sold in the unit's first two days on sale in the United States.

A spokesman for the company told Reuters that the DS Lite is on pace to match the sales figures of the original DS, which sold half a million units in its first 10 days in retail. Nintendo also says that the new version of the DS Lite is also outpacing the initial sales numbers of another redesigned handheld--the Game Boy Advance SP.

Nintendo sold more than one million DSes in its first month in both America and Japan, and by late April 2005, sold more than five million units worldwide. As of late March, the combined total of DSes sold was more than 16 million worldwide. The DS Lite will be released in Europe on June 23.

The DS Lite is also helping spur sales of DS software. Since the DS Lite's launch, Nintendo says that relative to the previous week, sales of New Super Mario Bros. doubled and sales of Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day tripled.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6152746.html

i wouldnt think it would get THAT many buys....but thats good for us sheep

Unless they make some more good quality games...i wont be getting it

Edited by ch.AzN

Hell yeah im getting one.

Whats the differance between the lite and the original?

ds_size_comparison.jpg

smaller...and more sleeeeek

I think it is cool. I just hate it how they always come up with a better one of the same handheld that you have to buy. You know with the brighter screen or whatever. Nintendo always does that with the Handhelds. But they always get people to buy them.

Wow that was rather pointless of nintendo, at least they resparked their sales interest.

I think they should get off the "pda" thing and move back into a gameby-esque thing, but then they would turn into sega and compete with themselves..lol.