Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Flat Screens

Finally decided that i want to purchase a 19 Inch Flatscreen.

I am willing to spend up to say $350.

So What are the best brands.Brands that have good reliable monitors.

I looked on Newegg and saw a couple that seemed ok but don't really know.

if its for movies and stuff related, sure flatscreen all the way, but if its for gaming (counter strike, counter strike:source ect)

then a flat screen is a big nono

crt moniters maaay be a tiny bit bulky buuut can get up to a vsync of 130 (compared to a 60-70flatscreen) many ppl say it doesent make a difference but theres some stuff people dont know, in half-life 2, lets say you use a 70refreshrate flatscreen moniter, mmk and your fps_max is 300 so your getting constant 300 fps....nope...your only getting 70 fps (assuming its a 70 refreshrate) the other 230 frames arent shown, so let me ask you...whats the point of getting your fps to 300 if your only getting 70 of it? but if its just for sc or diablo2 or movies...ignore this

and flatpanels usually come with a f'n dead pixel wich will drive you f'n crazy unless u find a proggy that makes it...LIIIVE!

and about the brand..hmm i forgot the name but its really good ill get back to you on it

Guest Tib

The human can only process 30 frames per second and can distinguish 43 frames per seconds so basicly any TFT or other monitor with a refresh rate higher than 1s/43 should do just fine for DVD or games. However due to the manufacturers trick i would recommend You to buy something with a Refresh lower then 14ms... should no longer be even an option to buy the older ones... good luck

Brands i recommens Sony, BenQ, Samsung and Siemens from a vast persoanl experience. If u cand get one with DVI i strongly recommend to use that type of connection.

Here is a damn nice one, I would get it if I had the money. Its a 20.1" Widescreen. High contrast ratio, low responce time, great max resolution, and pretty bright.

Original Price: $309.99

Instant Savings: -$10.00

$299.99

($249.99 after $50.00 Mail-In Rebate)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16824112176

Edited by NickF