Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Is pwn pronouces pawn, pone (as in tone), or poon?

Title says its all....

Friend says its called poon and he goes around saying prawn and poon... I say i beg to differ it's not pronounced that way.

You guys job is to tell me which is it. Kapeesh?

:D Gimme Rep.

it's pone obviously since it's from the word own.

YES PONE definetly pone well thats what i say

that what i thought to but than my friend goes around and says how he just got Counter-strike and was "pooning" everyone... also he say he got "poon" or "prawn" from runescape. What a lame game.

Are you kidding me? lol.

Own = O-n

Pwn = Pone, they obviously sound the same...just one has a P sound :D

EDIT: Damn, can't give rep yet ;_;

Edited by DeLuca

IMO personly think its pone, but ive heard everything it can be, I've heard Ponedered, pewn, P1(lol)"I just p1'd you". I heard my friend say that, and he was serious. I never laughed so hard in my life.

Pone? In all my years of gaming, I've never heard anyone, ANYONE, pronounce it that way.

I pronounce it pawn. Reason? Cuz I'm gangsta like that son :)

But yes, lots of people say pooned, which is pretty retarded... Poned? rofl... Thats new to me :)

I guess majority wins the vote, that its pronounced Pone, however, ima be a dick and an individual and say Pawned.

Gg kthxbai. Lmfao, this is actually a really good thread cuz its True, and never been discussed before.

Thanks ChopStyckDragon for bringing this important issue to our attention.

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!

Edited by Renegade~

who started the whole pwn thing seems pretty retarded. I mean jeez PWNED shouldnt even be allowed haha but i hear it pronounced "pone"

Pwn = Pone

Pwn is starting a fade out. Alot of people are switching back to "owned", which was supposed to be the word and no pwned.

Eh, You pronounce pwn as "own." If you ever watched PurePwnage you would know that.

This thread is just funny as hell. Seems like the only answer is Pone. I thought everyone knew that.

It's pronounced the same as "Own". It's an obvious misspelling, which has been popularized.

i think its pawn,might jst be an aussie thing but thats the way i say it

it cant be poon that sounds gay,i feel like a retart sayin it ,tho i got another aussie mate who says poon and everytime he does i lmao

Edited by -FIGJAM-

who started the whole pwn thing seems pretty retarded. I mean jeez PWNED shouldnt even be allowed haha but i hear it pronounced "pone"

Nobody really started it, if you didn't notice...the P is RIGHT next to the O...Hmmmm!

Own...Pwn...

And once I looked up Pwned, and it sais "Player Ownage" Pwnage

Chyeah son :P

rofl

Hell yeah!

Pawn just sounds better, i dont give a fuk if its pronounced poon, that just sounds ghey

just use a text speech thing to say pwn, u'l c how it prounouces it. obviously the way it is written it should be poon, but, the origional word comes from own, and the p is placed for what reason? some1 said this comes from chess term pawning some 1, meaning to beat them with pawns only, which is shamfull in it's self, so i guess the origional word is pawn, then in short form to pwn, anyways what about newb, is it nub, noob, newb, noublet,WTF IS IT?, i got with all, i use noublet as plural lol and newb to some1 who is new at sc, nub to an experienced player who sucks and noob to ppl who just suck.

Nooblet wrks well for all i think,hardly anyone else uses it and i think it sounds mst degradein ,which is the effect i am after

I am amazed at how many people are interested in this subject, lol.Well, We all know how to pronounce "Own" So I just put a P in front of it, so it's Pone. :)There should be a poll here, rofl

EDIT: I Think It's Newb. Pronounced New-Bie....Newbie! Meaning "You play like you are new" Noo isn't a word, nu isn't a word. That's just my theory.

Edited by DeLuca

LOL this thread is just retarted as hell...