Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

My absence..

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around the forums or on AIM. A couple weeks ago I ordered a Thermalright V-1 Ultra and I installed it on my 6800 GS. All was working fine, but I was starving the airflow of the fans after I installed it, they were basically fighting eachther. So I was idling at like 58*c. I took the card out and switched the fan (after talking to howard) and I must have ESD'd it, which I still haven't figured out because I was doing the work in a tiled room, but whatever. Anyway I sent it into newegg like 3 days later (with the original heatsink of course) and they tried to "repair" it and failed. Since my card is out of stock, they refunded my original purchase price of $199. (Lucky duck I am :)) Whats evenmore lucky is that I made $50 yesterday on top of it. w00t :) .

I plan on buying a 7900 GT now, but I need about $35, so I'll be doing chores and stuff for my parents. If I really want to knock down, I'll try and save up $50 and buy the EVGA 7900 GT Signature Series ($289.99, $269.99 after $20.00 Mail-In Rebate), It is stock Vmodded to 1.35v. Core clock is 580MHz (Standard 450MHz) and memory clock is 1580MHz (Standard 1320MHz) and 24 pipes. I plan on installing the V-1 ultra. Another option is to buy an x1900 GT (HIS version) for $285.99, with 12 pipes (36 shaders), 575MHz core clock, 1200MHz memory clock. I could keep the stock cooler on the x1900 GT, or put the V-1 ultra in. Any other suggestions are open, my budget is $300 MAX.

7900 GT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814130016

X1900 GT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814161018

Also, In my abssnce the forumactivity seems to have shot up! Thanks guys for your activity!!

PS. Sorry Ray, howard, (I talk to you guys alot) the moderator staff, and who ever I talk to regularly on AIM. I'll bea around soon. Tge only drawback of this whole thing is that I lost my summer of gaming fun, but I've found other stuff to do and haven't been so bored. :)

I didnt notice lol.