Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Antihacking - Patch 1.14 has codename "The Hammer"

The Blizz-WGT ladder works with Brood War Launcher 3 and PenguinPlug. PenguinPlug in itself includes antihacking features already known to the community. Although the plugin does not enforce the same level of protection that is necessary, and this is why the new antihacking system by Blizzard is being introduced by 1.14.

Blizzard already uses an inbuilt antihacking system for WarCraft III and World of WarCraft. There are only few details available that discloses how this antihack works, yet GosuGamers have been informed that this is the system that has been implemented to StarCraft. In what form and how heavy is not announced.

Ashur, developer of Brood War Launcher, is involved in the creation of the patch and the Blizz-WGT ladder but in what exact way he won't say. He explains that the new patch will "hurt the cheaters a lot, but it won't kill them".

Ashur further explains that "there are few cheats that the patch cannot remove". One of the examples is the infamous maphack. We are told it is "almost unstoppable", but few of the hackers have far less programming skills necessary to crack the hack protection this new ladder will give. "We shall see, how long it will take them to update their desired cheats." And even if some hackers do, it seems Blizzard have a few other tools up in their sleeves that might make maphacking attempts even harder.

Details regarding the antihacking is not published out of security reasons. As a summary of the antihacking for Battle.net, nevertheless, it has gone from inexistent to strong even if it's not near PGTour's status of as good as unhackable.

holly ****. They are coming down hard on us.

Geeze i guess we need better programing skills

Lol i dont know about u guys but i cant even turn on my comp without my dad's help

well, i can tell (double posting and all) lol w.e, the harder blizz tires, the harder we try. As some of you know, i'v been trying to create a hack of some sort. So far i'v just messed around with artmony,tsearch, ollydbg and like Kmt. as of now, i'v created a 3 race mineral hack with absoloutly no downside.... LOL (it's offline) but hey, i mean i didnt even know wtf those programs where 3hours ago. I'm reading tutorials on c++, vb, and the sort. I learned the hexidesmal conversions and binary aswell. I know what i just said , over 90% of u already can do. But i'm not stopping here, i can promise to every1 on gc. There will be a new dll out.. when? no damn idea, lets say next 2 years. i know.. long time, i'm ****ING 11 lol. man ppl step up to the plate, MAKE SOME HACKS BABY... lol

<ANY HELP WOULD BE HIGHLY APRECIATED>

Edited by BeBest_Site_Ever

I really have no idea why they just now all of a sudden are working so hard to prevent hacks.

because on sc now you can win money in the WCG, so hacking would lead to some1 gettin alot of money ( still need some type of skill to win tho )