Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Soda explosion

This has no point but to waste a 2-liter bottle of diet coke and a tube of mentos, but its fun to watch. Besides, who likes diet cola anyways?

soda_explosion.jpg

Note: The above image is not of my experiment, but mine had the same results.

Things needed:

-1 tube of mentos mints

-1 2-Liter bottle of diet cola (I use coke) (It doesn't have to be diet, but diet worked the best for me)

-a small piece of paper

-a test tube (optional)

Steps:

1. Open the soda bottle. It should be nearly full to 4/5s full of soda.

2. If you have a test tube, put mentos in the tube. If not, try to get the mentos to be ready to easily fall out of the tube it comes in.

3. Put a small piece of paper over the soda bottle and ready the mentos on the paper so that when the paper is pulled away, the mentos will drop in the soda bottle.

4. Pull the piece of paper, try to make sure most, if not all, mentos get in the soda bottle. Note: once the mentos are in the bottle you have half a second before the soda reacts.

I am not responsible of any injury caused by you doing this experiment. Use at your own risk (even though worst case scenario is that you get soaked). Make sure the bottle doesnt tip over lol.

Side-note:

There is also soda rockets, which you quickly put the soda lid back on, then throw it on the ground and it shoots off, but this is more dangerous in the case that it could hit someone. I have not done soda rockets before, so I cannot give you any advice on it.

Edited by Roy

LOL niiiice! (Old but still cool)

LOL niiiice! (Old but still cool)

... that is weak. try getting ur hands on dry ice., if u got an old co2 tank for like paintballing and dotn need it, put it in the fridg and ^_^ or... u can go to ur local air supllier, there is 1 almost every where, dry ice is cheap, legal and age limit is required tho.

all you do is put the dry ice in a container filled with water, basicly after like 20 seconds that shit'l blow up. the ground near where it exploded will have a 1-2 inch ice frozen over it, and the bottle will be in the air for a while, ususally it ripps up.

IF UR COOL, get liquid metal.. LMAO and c what that does. Liquid metal is very active, and when it gets wet at all it explodes. if u touch it, the oil or wetness w/e ur skin has will blow it up, it comes in wrapped and in a container. u can take it , put lots of toilet paper around it then pour it into 1 of those welches drink cans, the thing with those is that the whole is bigger and liquid metal usually comes in portions to big to fit, WARNING, the last two ideas ( dry ice, and liquid metal) are highy explosive and if ur a dumbass u could hurt ur self. DO at ur own risk..... just throw the bottle like 10 meters away on cement. HAVE FUN :thumbsup:

.... o ya.. i forgot the dry ice 1 needs cap on, but no worries u have time, like at leat 15-20 seconds, it's not like the mentos.

Edited by BeBest_Site_Ever

... that is weak. try getting ur hands on dry ice., if u got an old co2 tank for like paintballing and dotn need it, put it in the fridg and ^_^ or... u can go to ur local air supllier, there is 1 almost every where, dry ice is cheap, legal and age limit is required tho.

all you do is put the dry ice in a container filled with water, basicly after like 20 seconds that shit'l blow up. the ground near where it exploded will have a 1-2 inch ice frozen over it, and the bottle will be in the air for a while, ususally it ripps up.

IF UR COOL, get liquid metal.. LMAO and c what that does. Liquid metal is very active, and when it gets wet at all it explodes. if u touch it, the oil or wetness w/e ur skin has will blow it up, it comes in wrapped and in a container. u can take it , put lots of toilet paper around it then pour it into 1 of those welches drink cans, the thing with those is that the whole is bigger and liquid metal usually comes in portions to big to fit, WARNING, the last two ideas ( dry ice, and liquid metal) are highy explosive and if ur a dumbass u could hurt ur self. DO at ur own risk..... just throw the bottle like 10 meters away on cement. HAVE FUN :thumbsup:

.... o ya.. i forgot the dry ice 1 needs cap on, but no worries u have time, like at leat 15-20 seconds, it's not like the mentos.

O.O

dry ice is hard to find

I tried this once, it is fun!

yeah..ive done that...its mad sweet

i gonna try it w/ liquid metal if i can find any rofl

HOLY SHIT! The liquid metal...That's just insane..

if u are 18+ , u can get these ingredience easily. Or if ur not, just convince ur parents or some1 18+ to get it, liquid metal is not literly metal thats melted, it's a chemical. and dry ice is not too hard to find, i am 16 and i bought a 1 foot X 1 foot cube of dry ice threw my science teacher, i convinced her it was for s science fair, and i actually did use it for the sci fair, but the left over i used for this. Back in like 1995 u could find liquid metal in a less pure form at a drug store, now a days chemicle supliers have it and like shopers drug mart/ pharma pluss sells it, they are local drug stores, except there are special condions u have to meet. I personaly have not tried liquid metal, but i'v tried dry ice, it's pretty nice heres a video of some kid with his. i couldnt find any liquid metal, if u guys find a vid of that post :D

#1 http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=759...;q=dry+ice+bomb

#2 http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=396...;q=dry+ice+bomb

#3 http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-43...;q=dry+ice+bomb

#4 http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=398...;q=dry+ice+bomb

#5 http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-32...;q=dry+ice+bomb

Dude you can just put Dry Ice in a two liter and have it blow like crazy...LOL we used to do it all the time. I have talked about it in other threads.

Search for 'mentos' in google video. Every idiot and their friends think it'll be cool to make some dumbass soda reaction video and post it.

It seems weird that people are still interested in soda explosions. Me and my friends were doing that like 14 years ago...LOL

..... Dry Ice? Try no to go to extreme... How bout just get a 2 liter bottle put achohol and chlorine in it :)

No dude, trust me. Dry ice in a 2 liter bottle is where its at!! You don't need very much to make it sound like a bombs going off...LOL

ive done this before and yea its fun i did it in my freshman class at the teacher frickin sweet 2 week suspention but it was worth it

wow this thread is old....LMAO

You can get Dry Ice from those damn ice cream trucks that go around the park! :grin:

Fuck,that is some awesome shit right there.

lol they had the christmas special on Mythbusters about this :P Fun stuff

This is so old, Im suprised that everyone hasn't already heard/seen it.