Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Softmodding your Xbox!

To start this whole deal, you need one of three games, Mech Assault, Splinter Cell, or 007: Agent Under Fire. A local Blockbuster should have atleast one.

For the purpose of this tut, I will be showing you how to do it with Action Replay. (Hence...you need AR to softmod your xbox, or you can FTP). For the sake of this tut, I will be using Splinter Cell.

1. Install Action Replay onto your computer.

2. Connect the Flash Memory to the compyter via USB (Some comps require a restart)

3. Go to http://www.smdepot.net/files.php You will see a Login screen.

Password1

NOTE: You need to type the Capital "P" in Password (case sensetive)

Next go to "exploits"

If you're using Mech Assault, Download "Krayzie_MA_Ndure_Installer_v1.1.rar"

Splinter Cell: "Krayzie_SC-NTSC_Ndure_Installer_v1.1.rar" <--American

"Krayzie_SC-PAL_Ndure_Installer_v1.1.rar" <-- NOT American

007: Agent Under Fire: "Krayzie_007_Ndure_Installer_v1.1.rar"

Now, extract the .rar that you are using, Look for a folder that has "Save" in it's name.

That folder should have something called "udata.zip"

Take udata.zip and don't extract it just yet, but put it directly onto the AR Flash Card.

(NOTE: If it does not fit onto the card, open up udata.zip, and delete the folder called "skins")

actionreplay2.gif

Also, if using Splinter Cell, there are TWO saves that are required to be put into your xbox HD.

(So Two udata.zip's need to be put onto the flash card)

After that is done, put the card into your xbox controller, start up your xbox with the tray OPEN.

NOTE: make sure you're dashboard says "Xbox Live", In other words, you will have to of connected to XBL at one point to do this, or unless you have a new xbox.

Go to "Memory" Then select the card that's plugged into the controller.

Highlight the file, should have a name of Linux in there, press right, then A.

Select the "Copy" command, this should be very brief, 10-20 seconds at most.

(Remember, when using Splinter Cell, you need to copy BOTH files)

Now, after that is copied, keep pressing Back, until you're back at the Home Screen, *TAKE OUT THE FLASH MEMORY CARD!*

You have to take that thing out, or else this wont work.

Now, put your game into the tray, and close it.

Load up the game, and select the profile, the screen will go blank for a couple of seconds, then the installer will pop up.

NOTE: If using 007 you will need to start a new game, new mission, wait until the movie ends, then quit, then load the saved game.

Not all Platinum versions of 007 work..

007work.jpg

Now, you just a few buttons and moments away from having a modded xbox!

First option: Select "Backup eeprom"

Wait for it to do that, then hit "Basic Install"

Follow the on screen prompts, until asked to install UnleashX, or EvolutionX, I prefere UnleashX.

Next you will be promted to select either 06 (F: drive takes rest of HD) or 67 (F: drive takes up to 137 GB and G: takes rest of the HD) I suggest you use the 06 option, if you're using the Factory HD, but it's up to you.

You will be prompted to reset your xbox, do so, on the startup, you will see the new skin, pretty cool huh :D ?

There you have it, a SOFTmodded xbox.

Press and hold L, R , Start, Back, Black, White, to do a soft reboot.

NOTE: You must turn off the softmod before connecting to XBL, or else your gamertag (and possibly IP will be banned)

You can burn CD's and then copy them onto the xbox's HD. I did this with Emulators, and it worked perfect. I beat The Legend of Zelda OoT last week :), now I'm working on majoras mask, haha!

Feel free to post here with any complaints, or if you cannot get something to work, I will try in my best ability to work with you, and solve the problem.

I'm sorry, but I have never FTP'd anything in my life, so I have no knowledge in that area, if someone else knows, feel free to post.

Specail thanks to Plutomic, for showing me the sites that helped me mod my xbox:

http://www.biline.ca/xbox_ndure.htm

http://www.biline.ca/xbox_uxe_method2.htm

and of course...

http://www.smdepot.net/

lol....state your sources dude...just too let you know modders dont like it when you take credit for their shit..

oh yes...and you forgot too mention you CANNOT USE the platinum hits version of MA....newb

if anyone really needs modding help...just talk too me or gamepin...preferably me because gamepin is anti-social..

No need to be a prick about it, and I wasnt taking credit for their shit, I did not copy and paste one thing. I rephrased it in my own words, the way I did it myself.

The sites don't say take "udata.zip" and put THAT on the card. And since they don't your under the impression that you just directly put the Ndure installer.zip on the card.

you took pictures......just because you reprashed it doesnt mean shiz....imagine if someone made a new movie called Star Battles and it is about a "battle" that happened a long long long long time ago in a glaxy far far away....you see what im getting at?you should still supply the sites where you got your info from..

Aaaawwwww Hell Yeeeaaahh!!!!!

Can you do this with ANY game or just those three that you provided?

Only those three games.

Ok I cited my sources, no need to make a whole "work cited and consulted" page is there? :P

I was just trying to simplify it for people. Because it took me about 6 hours to actualy get my xbox softmodded. When it's really only a 10 min proccess.

Guest Lord-Bren

il get you some shots of how to do it when my camara charges

and you only really need the action replay software you can make you're ow action replay by taking a controler and Splicing it and hooking a USB cable on it put a xbox mem card or a rigged up Jump Drive in the controler

That too..Or you can buy AR at EB games, then return it when your done! lol. I did that and rented Splinter Cell, and boom. SoftModded xbox costed me 6 bucks, rofl

can u sum up what a "softmodded xbox" is good for a simpleton like me who doesn't want to read all of that? =]

Edited by BobPickle

software mods.

whats that mean

software = programs, apps etc...

you just edit what is on the hard drive of the xbox.

so then basically the answer to my question would be "to save game's onto an xbox's harddrive"

yes, but you can do alot more than that.

some examples would be?

im not the best guy to be asking that question to (bren would), but i imagine you could find a bunch of programs to put on the xbox. bren got linux, msn messenger, and starcraft running on his though im unaware if its possible to do that w/o modding the hard ware.

wow thats pretty awesome

well the action replay program is on the action replay site its just distguised as an update"the update" and if you dont have the cable to hook it to your computer then take a look here. in that tutorial it tells you how to add the usb cable dont cut the wire fully off so you can have the xbox controller and the usb cable hooked up then just use that as the cable that AR would originally need

wait what are you talking about yoda?

Man where has deluca been these days? Anyone seen him around?