Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Playstation 3 delayed again in Europe!

this is kinda old, but I doubt many people know about it.

ps3 is delayed in europe untill march 2007. also, there will only be 400,000 consoles for launch in north america, and 100,000 in japan.

Edited by Zhuinden

LOL

PS3 sucks. I'm getting the Wii, and maybe 360.

But this PS3 bulshit is stupid. 600 dollars, and less than 1/2 a million consoles for north america...

how is it any different then 360's launch? Every time a system comes out there is limited supply, that is what hikes up the demand. My cousin spent the night in 10 degree weather to get his 360...

Here is a few numbers Brought up by the U.S. Department of Labor and Bureau of Labor Statistics.

An Atar VCS released in 1977 was 200$!!! according to inflation that would be 672$

The Mattel Intelivision realeased in 1979 was 299$ that would be 838$ today!!!

The Nes released with the robot R.O.B. in 1985 was 249$ which equates to 471$

Sega Genesis 1989 200$ today would be 328$

Neo Geo released 1990 650$!!!! today would be 1012

Snes 1991 199$ would be 297$ today

And I can tell you back then I remember games like Super Mario Brothers 3 for 60$ and I am pretty sure Final Fantasy was the same price. That was a huge ammount to spend on a game back then...Just something to think about.

Nintendo released its system in the United States on October 18, 1985 to test markets in New York City,[7] where approximately 90,000 of the initial shipment of 100,000 were sold.[3] A nationwide and Canadian release soon followed in February 1986, available in two different packages: a full-featured $249 USD "Deluxe Set" which came packaged with the R.O.B., the Zapper, two game controllers, and two games (Duck Hunt, and Gyromite), and a scaled-down $199 "Action Set," which omitted the R.O.B. and included a Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt multicart.[1] To accompany this wide release, Nintendo marketed eighteen launch titles: 10-Yard Fight, Baseball, Clu Clu Land, Donkey Kong Jr. Math, Duck Hunt, Excitebike, Golf, Gyromite, Hogan's Alley, Ice Climber, Kung Fu, Mach Rider, Pinball, Stack-Up, Super Mario Bros., Tennis, Wild Gunman, and Wrecking Crew.[citation needed]

Just some advice for those that want some investments. If you have you and a friend stand in line. Both get 1 ps3 (I'm sure you're only allowed one per customer). Go to ebay and you could probably both sell yours for 1-2 thousand dollars. No joke... Xbox 360 went over $2000 is some cases.

how is it any different then 360's launch? Every time a system comes out there is limited supply, that is what hikes up the demand. My cousin spent the night in 10 degree weather to get his 360...

Here is a few numbers Brought up by the U.S. Department of Labor and Bureau of Labor Statistics.

An Atar VCS released in 1977 was 200$!!! according to inflation that would be 672$

The Mattel Intelivision realeased in 1979 was 299$ that would be 838$ today!!!

The Nes released with the robot R.O.B. in 1985 was 249$ which equates to 471$

Sega Genesis 1989 200$ today would be 328$

Neo Geo released 1990 650$!!!! today would be 1012

Snes 1991 199$ would be 297$ today

And I can tell you back then I remember games like Super Mario Brothers 3 for 60$ and I am pretty sure Final Fantasy was the same price. That was a huge ammount to spend on a game back then...Just something to think about.

Nintendo released its system in the United States on October 18, 1985 to test markets in New York City,[7] where approximately 90,000 of the initial shipment of 100,000 were sold.[3] A nationwide and Canadian release soon followed in February 1986, available in two different packages: a full-featured $249 USD "Deluxe Set" which came packaged with the R.O.B., the Zapper, two game controllers, and two games (Duck Hunt, and Gyromite), and a scaled-down $199 "Action Set," which omitted the R.O.B. and included a Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt multicart.[1] To accompany this wide release, Nintendo marketed eighteen launch titles: 10-Yard Fight, Baseball, Clu Clu Land, Donkey Kong Jr. Math, Duck Hunt, Excitebike, Golf, Gyromite, Hogan's Alley, Ice Climber, Kung Fu, Mach Rider, Pinball, Stack-Up, Super Mario Bros., Tennis, Wild Gunman, and Wrecking Crew.[citation needed]

its diffrent cuz as i remember, sony said 2 mill at world wide launch not a quarter of that for 2 regions (u.s. and japan). most of those system also weren't too popular, and i dont know why u would want the nes with R.O.B.

so, as u can see, sony isnt doing this for your "teh high demand" they're doing it cuz they cant master "teh cell" and/or your precious blu-ray.

its diffrent cuz as i remember, sony said 2 mill at world wide launch not a quarter of that for 2 regions (u.s. and japan). most of those system also weren't too popular, and i dont know why u would want the nes with R.O.B.

so, as u can see, sony isnt doing this for your "teh high demand" they're doing it cuz they cant master "teh cell" and/or your precious blu-ray.

Your obviously smoking crack when you make a baseless statement like most of those systems werent popluar, they were amongst the most popular ever, and especially of their era poply.....

Second the R.O.B. was a must have at the time!!! The NES was trying to make their system more than just a video game machine...see the resemblance? Also they were reviving a video game industry that would have died if it wasn't for them...

my base for them not being popular was i never knew a single person that bought one. i dont know a single person that bought a ROB and i know quite a few ppl that bought a nes. now u can see i got that arguement from my own personal experience.

a ton of people bought the ROB....but how old were u in 1985 poply?

aside from that you said most of those "systems" weren't popluar, and Im saying they were, that is why they were in the article...LOL

what article are u talking about now?

The article I sited from the figures of inflation and gaming systems.

its "cited" and u never gave a link to the article.

I read it in forbes magazine. I copied it right out of the mag I had. I didn't get it online. Aside from that you can always feel free to google U.S. Department of Labor and Bureau of Labor Statistics

I read it in forbes magazine. I copied it right out of the mag I had. I didn't get it online. Aside from that you can always feel free to google U.S. Department of Labor and Bureau of Labor Statistics

or you could do that cuz any fool knows that its better for you when your opponent hasnt given quite concrete proof.

061012.jpg

lol you just make this stuff up to piss people off don't you? I took it out of forbes magazine, and if you look at inflation over the years and the costs of the consoles you can pretty much figure it out yourself poply, its not rocket-science

lol you just make this stuff up to piss people off don't you? I took it out of forbes magazine, and if you look at inflation over the years and the costs of the consoles you can pretty much figure it out yourself poply, its not rocket-science

untill u give a link that proves it, its just words.

ok I made it all up. sorry figuring inflation is just something that is made up...lol you should listen to yourself sometimes..Hey heres an idea, if you are too lazy to google it, then look up the prices of said consoles, then figure the inflation yourself.

ok I made it all up. sorry figuring inflation is just something that is made up...lol you should listen to yourself sometimes..Hey heres an idea, if you are too lazy to google it, then look up the prices of said consoles, then figure the inflation yourself.

too lazy? ur not googling it either.

ah who knows, wouldn't be suprised though. They would be hurting themselves bigtime if they had all these preorders they couldn't fill. My little stepbrother said people were going crazy last year when they preordered the 360 and couldn't get one...