Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Halo Wars

FAQs

Q: What is “Halo Wars”?

A: “Halo Wars” is the next big real-time strategy game from Ensemble Studios, creators of Age of Empires. Designed exclusively for the Xbox 360, “Halo Wars” allows you to take charge of the human UNSC armies and see the Halo universe from a totally new perspective.

Q: Where does “Halo Wars” take place in the Halo timeline?

A: “Halo Wars” takes place before Halo 1 during the UNSC’s first deadly encounters with the Covenant.

Q: Can you reveal anything about “Halo Wars” storyline?

A: Players will lead the crew of the UNSC’s “Spirit of Fire” from initial skirmishes to an all out war against the evil Covenant.

Q: Will I be able to play as the Covenant?

A: Stay tuned.

Q: Why is “Halo” being made into an RTS game?

A: Warthogs are cool. Scorpions are cool. Controlling lots of Warthogs and Scorpions and sending them into battle is really, really cool.

We’ve been big fans of Halo for years at Ensemble Studios, and when we sat down to discuss our next project we thought Halo would be absolutely perfect as an RTS on the Xbox 360.

Q: When will “Halo Wars” be available?

A: Stay tuned.

Q: Will I be able to play Halo Wars on Xbox 360 and PC?

A: Halo Wars is for the Xbox 360 exclusively.

Q: Is the trailer pre-rendered?

A: Yes, and it's based around our world concepts and uses lots of in-game models. The sound and music were done at Ensemble Studios as well. Props to our friends at Blur for bringing it all together and making it really shine.

Q: Other RTS games that have transitioned to console have had issues with controls, how will “Halo Wars” improve on the formula?

A: “Halo Wars” was created for the Xbox 360 from the ground up, which meant we didn't have to make compromises or shoe-horn in artifacts from a Windows PC game. We were able to take all the best aspects of RTS games, make them work perfectly on the Xbox 360, and exclude the rest.

Q: Where can I learn more about other Halo games?

A: Our friends at Bungie, the creators of the Halo Universe, have lots of information about Halo. Check them out here: www.bungie.net.

View the Halo Wars Trailer Below

If you would like to save the Trailer, click and save target as below

Low Bandwidth

360p Stereo .WMV 15.0Mb http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/5...ST_1500kbps.wmv

High Bandwidth

720p Stereo .WMV 86.4Mb http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/5...30_ST_8Mbps.wmv

High Bandwidth

720p 5.1 .WMV 88.6Mb http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/5...30_51_8Mbps.wmv

HW_1920x1200_1.jpg

HW_1920x1200_2.jpg

HW_1920x1200_3.jpg

HW_1920x1200_4.jpg

HW_1920x1200_5.jpg

This is gonna b the biggest takeoff of starcraft ever, it mite even be better :o

Erm... a console RTS? Ew.

Might be okay though...

Pretty retarded for not putting it on PC though.

WELL SOME PEOPLE DON'T HAVE GeFORCE 7900 SLI

Basically... if your computer can't handle Battlefield 2, no way in hell you'll handle this O.O

Besides, most people will already have a 360 by the time this comes out, since many people are looking forward to Halo 3 also.

So I'm sure people who don't have a 360 and are waiting for H3 will buy a 360, to avoid taking their chances of not getting a 360 when it's closer to the game's release date.

Edited by Glaive

well I guess its sounds like a good idea, although i think Halo is getting a little played out...

RTS's always suck on the consoles...

RTS's don't suck when you can change to an FPS style game play while commanding your units...