Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

PS3 Controller = Sixaxis = Flop

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/profile/show_...=BrianEk#signup

"...the Sixaxis might as well be redubbed the Suxaxis."

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/738/738858p2.html

"...Sony's only game offering was the TGS build of MotorStorm, which Alex is already knee-deep in comprehensive hands-on coverage for. Instead of duplicating that, we'll take a look at one last thing - possibly the most controversial aspect of the PS3: the controller. Prepare to be shocked though: we don't really like it all that much. True enough, you can go along with Phil Harrison's proclamation that it's already the industry-standard controller amongst umpteen-million gamers around the globe, but, arguably, that doesn't make it the best. Personally, we can't help but feel that the SIXAXIS (as it's now known) has been sadly neglected when viewed alongside the rest of the PS3. Compared to Microsoft's uber-comfortable Xbox 360 pad, the SIXAXIS feels cheap, plasticky, uncomfortable and disconcertingly light - almost as if it's going to fly out of your hands during those more extreme gaming moments."

1817.jpg

Edited by Zhuinden

The PS3 will be kick ass once they get all the crap fixed with it. They better fix the Blue-Ray disc and the problem where you cant play PS1 or PS2 disc. Damn Sony...It's a shame they have such a sucky controller. TT_TT

11 year old controller lol

w.e ...i love the dual shock..its awesome...but this whole motion sensor thing is a lil toooo crazy

dual shock/six axis is best for fighting games, but still worst for shooters.

dual shock/six axis is best for fighting games, but still worst for shooters.

i would image it being goo for racers now

probably about the same as 360. i would say a little less because i don't like the dual shock or sux-asses or w/e sony wants to call it

the motion sensor will be good for like drifting

the sixaxis/dual shock is the best controler that has ever been developed.

six axis movement in all three spatial axes, plus pitch, roll, and yaw rotation

the sixaxis/dual shock is the best controler that has ever been developed.

six axis movement in all three spatial axes, plus pitch, roll, and yaw rotation

ps controller is only a modified snes controller.

snes.jpg

hc-001.jpg

That may apear so but it took Nintendo along time to get a good controler feel if you still have a SNES control you'll notice it jus t doesn't feel right in your hands.

The First playstation controler just felt right and then they added the anolog, Dual shock motion it's all the same cause it's all good

all sony did was add the 2 handles. they just doubled the shoulder buttons and joystick from the n64 and stole the rumble.

Microsoft did the same thing

Even after that though Nintendo abandoned the design for the N64 or more so the Cube

nintendo has pretty much always (least difference probably being nes to snes) made a big difference in their controllers per generation.

the xbox controller, yes, it pretty much copied the snes controller, but atleast it made some attempts at differentiating itself with the black and white buttons and unusual placement of the start button (also a "back" button? still puzzles me)

eeaaae404b8da5584ebb7f0164247c60.jpg

d7fc7a68c9d6255f83e675c34bc5dcf2.jpg

d6cebdc959238c66e543112cedbac6dc.jpg

dbb5e352038bb7b9305035649e0bace6.jpg

thanks for proving my point that nintendo makes alot of different/unique controllers?

i forgot to add the words but ya there different but you can see the likenessess

nintendo makes the most different controller for their next gen console every time even though they may contain some of the same similarities between one another.

Lol, I always did love the Nintendo controllers. The N64 was the most unique of its time.

and now here comes another one...

Lol, I always did love the Nintendo controllers. The N64 was the most unique of its time.

and now here comes another one...

power glove lol

powerglove.jpg

dude poply...the dualshock is the best controller ever made...like seriously...

dude poply...the dualshock is the best controller ever made...like seriously...

its way behind it's time. it just doesn't fit in your hands as well as the 360 and wii controller does.

Does the playstation still have sensitive buttons. In a few racing games and fps games the harder you press the buttons depends on different things that happened, for example: accelerate, or turn on just the lazer aim light, vs fireing and the laser aimer.

only with the ps3 triggers. i don't believe ps2 had any.