Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

PS3 Controller = Sixaxis = Flop

power glove lol

powerglove.jpg

First off let me just say that the Power glove was a huge flop. Never worked like it was supposed to, and they only came out with like 2 games that worked with it. I was pissed at how bad it was.

Second of all no one should think that the N64 controller was anything accept a copy of the Genesis controller...handles...then combine that with the Snes and the Emerson Arcadia 2001 controller and you have one huge copy...just like every other controller to come out except the NES controller.

i know. i was making fun of the power glove.

Circa 1982

emerson_arcadia_4s.jpg

circa 1987

gen_3cont.jpg

So you combine those and get the N64 controller...and no Nintendo did not invent the analog controller

Circa 1990 Neo Geo Controller

padneogeocd.jpg

Remind you of anything? Oh yeah Microsoft made almost an exact copy of it for the 360...basically just added triggers and changed the colors around on the controller...

So to make my point no company is above taking ideas from past consoles.

you just changed your point right now inadvertently admitting you were wrong.

I would say that there are more favorable reviews for the 360 controller because it is out longer. There are many people who think it is the best controller out there.

Also you always talk about how the original ps controller copied the snes controller, but you realize that the main reason why was because the ps was supposed to be the CD rom add on to the snes right??

Also that being said you remember how crappy the original xbox controllers were? And when they remade them....what controller did they emulate?

The truth is the all take what worked before on other systems and tweak them into their own ideas

I never said that I was wrong. And my point has been repeated several times. Read above.

I think I have pretty much blown your argument out of the water as far as the xbox, and 360 controller being so "differen't" than all the rest when they obviously almost exactly stole the idea from SNK.

Also you always talk about how the original ps controller copied the snes controller, but you realize that the main reason why was because the ps was supposed to be the CD rom add on to the snes right??

thats what im trying to figure out. i dont see how sony making a cd add on means they were also making a controller. enlighten me. this is all im asking for. you never once gave a reasonable response instead you changed the subject. unless you can prove sony was making a controller while they were making the cd add on then you fail.

it was called the n64 because it was a 64 bit console. i believe the ps was 32 bit. i have near no idea what this means.

That's a lie from heides.

The playstation featured a modem that was capable of handling games on a 64-32 bit average.

Consult wikipedia for more answers.

That's a lie from heides.

The playstation featured a modem that was capable of handling games on a 64-32 bit average.

Consult wikipedia for more answers.

Main CPU

MIPS R3000A-compatible (R3051) 32bit RISC chip running at 33.8688 MHz

Ken Kutaragi went back to develop the Playstation from scratch making it a 32-bit console

In 1994-1995, Sega released Sega Saturn and Sony made its debut to the video gaming scene with the PlayStation. Both consoles used 32-bit technology

The deal fell through and in 1995 Sony released the CD-Rom based PlayStation, one of the first true 32-Bit consoles.

As a CD-based system, the 32-bit PlayStation can create true 3D environments and provide extended memory with a storage capacity many times greater than the old masked ROM cartridge format.

thats what im trying to figure out. i dont see how sony making a cd add on means they were also making a controller. enlighten me. this is all im asking for. you never once gave a reasonable response instead you changed the subject. unless you can prove sony was making a controller while they were making the cd add on then you fail.

I already did, but you can never admit when you are wrong. That is where the problem inlies. I even posted an article of such, but you didn't bother to read it.

The first quote in the wikipedia and sony uela say it runs between 32 and 64. :P

I already did, but you can never admit when you are wrong. That is where the problem inlies. I even posted an article of such, but you didn't bother to read it.

first of all, you never once brought up a link proving me wrong let alone proving you right. second, i didn't bother to read it because it doesn't even have the word "controller" in it. third, stop acting like you're right just because you're too stubborn to see that you're wrong. you cant just say "oh i was right and have always been right". although it is a very convincing argument, it has no basis.

The first quote in the wikipedia and sony uela say it runs between 32 and 64. :P

i assume you mean this part.

The Sony PlayStation is a video game console of the 32/64-bit era

but it says 32/64 bit ERA, that includes the n64. link to sony saying the playstation is a 64 bit console?

Well If you read the article you would realize that sony was making a Add on for the SNES as well as a New unit with a port for the SNES carts. Thus needing a new controller

The first conceptions of the PlayStation date back to 1986. Nintendo had been attempting to work with disk technology since the Famicom, but the medium had problems. Its rewritable magnetic nature could be easily erased (thus leading to a lack of durability), and the disks were a piracy danger. Consequently, when details of CDROM/XA (an extension of the CD-ROM format that combines compressed audio, visual and computer data, allowing all to be accessed simultaneously) came out, Nintendo was interested. CDROM/XA was being simultaneously developed by Sony and Philips. Nintendo approached Sony to develop a CD-ROM add-on, tentatively titled the "SNES-CD". A contract was struck, and work began. Nintendo's choice of Sony was due to a prior dealing: Ken Kutaragi, the person who would later be dubbed "The Father of PlayStation," was the individual who had sold Nintendo on using the Sony SPC-700 processor for use as the 8 channel ADPCM sound synthesis set in the Super Famicom/SNES console through an impressive demonstration of the processor's capabilities.

Sony also planned to develop another, Nintendo compatible, Sony-branded console, but one which would be more of a home entertainment system playing both Super Nintendo cartridges and a new CD format which Sony would design. This was also to be the format used in SNES-CD discs, giving a large degree of control to Sony despite Nintendo's leading position in the video gaming market.

In 1989, the SNES-CD was to be announced at the June CES . However, when Hiroshi Yamauchi read the original 1988 contract between Sony and Nintendo, he realized that the earlier agreement essentially handed Sony complete control over any and all titles written on the SNESCD-ROM format. Yamauchi was furious; deeming the contract totally unacceptable, he secretly cancelled all plans for the joint Nintendo-Sony SNES CD attachment. Indeed, instead of announcing their partnership, at 9 am the day of the CES, Nintendo chairman Howard Lincoln stepped onto the stage and revealed that they were now allied with Philips, and were planning on abandoning all the previous work Nintendo and Sony had accomplished. Lincoln and Minoru Arakawa had (unbeknownst to Sony) flown to Philips headquarters in Europe and formed an alliance of a decidedly different nature—one that would give Nintendo total control over its licenses on Philips machines.

The 9pm CES announcement was a complete shock. Not only was it a hysteric surprise to the show goers (Sony had only just the previous night been optimistically showing off the joint project under the "Play Station" brand), but it was seen by many in the Japanese business community as a fatal betrayal: a Japanese company snubbing another Japan-based company in favor of a European one was considered absolutely unthinkable in Japanese business.

After the collapse of the joint project, Sony considered halting their research, but ultimately the company decided to use what they had developed so far and make it into a complete, stand alone console. This led to Nintendo filing a lawsuit claiming breach of contract and attempted, in U.S. federal court, to obtain an injunction against the release of the Play Station, on the grounds that Nintendo owned the name[citation needed]. The federal judge presiding over the case denied the injunction. Thus, in October 1991, the first incarnation of the new Sony PlayStation was revealed; it is theorized that only 200 or so of these machines were ever even produced.

By the end of 1992, Sony and Nintendo reached a deal whereby the "Sony Play Station" would still have a port for SNES games, but Nintendo would own the rights and receive the bulk of the profits from the games, and the SNES would continue to use the Sony-designed audio chip. However, at this point, Sony realized that the SNES technology was getting long in the tooth, and the next generation of console gaming was around the corner: work began in early 1993 on reworking the "Play Station" concept to target a new generation of hardware and software; as part of this process the SNES cartridge port was dropped, the space between the names was removed, and the PlayStation was born.

PlayStation 2

The Dual Shock was subsequently used for the follow up system, the PlayStation 2, however, the controller was slightly altered to make the buttons pressure sensitive. The new controller was dubbed the Dual Shock 2. The original PlayStation controller was compatible with a few games early on, but now almost every game uses the Dual Shock 2. The original PlayStation control pad has a strong visual similarity to that of the Nintendo SNES. The Control Pad was a holdover of from the development of a joint venture with Nintendo.

Did you read the text in bold or what? That pretty much sums it up...LOL

well it only took you 3 pages :P

i also wouldn't call 1 sentence enough proof. it doesn't explain anything.

edit: also those paragraphs you just put in aren't from the link you recently posted. if you're going to quote anything you're going to need a link to it or tell me where us where you got it from.

No, to everyone else Im sure it makes everything perfectly clear. They were in a joint venture, actually several joint ventures...A console made with a SNES cart port, and a CD add on for the SNES itself.

No, to everyone else Im sure it makes everything perfectly clear. They were in a joint venture, actually several joint ventures...A console made with a SNES cart port, and a CD add on for the SNES itself.

well until you bring up more than one sentence i'm unconvinced.

LOL ok, whats next you don't understand why english and spanish are simmilar?

pulling out the desperation moves already?